We stayed at this B&B and at first were very impressed with the owner's hospitality and the fruit basket and bread left at your doorstep every morning. After getting a reasonable night's sleep our first night as a married couple, we left early to tour Maui. When we got back that evening, the owners had left us a nasty note telling us to make our beds and clean our room before leaving for the day. The owners proceeded to 'check in' on us a few times a day and even walked into our rooms unannounced on a few occasions. Our stay was marred by their weird and discourteous behavior and their lack of respect for guests personal space. My wife and I were married in Maui and spent our honeymoon night and two additional nights at the two mermaids. When we left the hotel, we left quietly without making a fuss. Half way across the US, we got a call from 'two mermaids' - they wanted to know why we didn't fill out their guest book with complimentary remarks about our stay...and even ventured to say that we were the only people who had not done so.
I honestly think this is the worst, most discourteous place I have ever stayed in my life. We could not wait to leave this corny, tacky and distasteful b&b behind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hospitality with the Spirit of Aloha! Licensed B&B with Maui County. A romantic Maui getaway or family vacation, off street parking, private entrances, one bedroom ohana with private lanai and hot tub or studio sweet next to the pool. Hardwood floors, Flat screen HD Direct TV w/premium channels, library and guitars in each suite. Fresh fruit basket brought to your doorstep every morning. Beach towels, chairs and coolers provided at no charge. Just a 10 minute walk to the beach, free Wi-Fi and much much more! Private and super clean. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Two Mermaids On The Sunnyside Of Maui Bed And Breakfast
- 2 Mermaids On The Sunnyside Of Maui b & b
- Two Mermaids On The Sunnyside Of Maui Hotel Kihei
- Tutu (Two) Mermaids On Maui Bed And Breakfast Kihei