“Great B&B, excellent hostess”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kihei
Tutu (Two) Mermaids on Maui Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 16 Kihei B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 May 2012

will definitely stay here again... The fruit baskets and Juddee's hospitality will definitely bring us back to this B&B by the ocean... Not to mention the warm muffins in the early morning hours before we hit the beach... We were there for four days and staying at the Pool side suite... at the end of May 2012

Great location, wonderful hostess, great food, clean room, beautiful pool side... We even performed a wedding for our surprised couple there...

Room Tip: We stayed at the Poolside suite. It has plenty of room for the three of us...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Tutu (Two) Mermaids on Maui Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 26 February 2012

My wife and I stayed in the Poolside Room at the 2 Mermaids for 10 days in February, 2012. The room has a Murphey (wall bed) and a spacious living area. Although there was only a microwave, minifridge and coffee maker, we were able to cook using the BBQ on the patio and ate very well (fish, steak, chicken, peppers) without a full kitchen. Even for a longer stay, the smaller room worked wonderfully and with the spacious patio and pool right outside our door, we never felt cramped. The breakfast fruits, yogurt and bagels and even home made bread and rolls were outstanding and we looked forward to what awaited us each day. We were treated with different and exotic fruits too. Hawaiian coffee was provided and we were restocked on request with organic butter, cream cheese, home made jam and peanut butter. Our hostesses were delightful and balanced in relating to us (not too much and not too little). The location is .75 miles from the closest beach. We brought our bike (never rented a car) and were able to bike to Makena area for swimming and kayaking, Kahalui and Maalea Harbor....food and happy hour was never far away. We love BBs for a reason and this one had that wonderful relational feel and hospitality, a personal touch and great breakfast. We would stay there again for sure.

Room Tip: Work with the owners directly.....no need to go through a broker.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank larry v
Reviewed 12 January 2012

We stayed at the two mermaids in November 2011 and really enjoyed it. The B&B is run by two really nice ladies, Juddee and Miranda, who are extremely friendly and always take their time to give good advice on island activities, cultural backgrounds or even just a little chat. There are two appartements, a smaller one located directly on the poolside, the second is a bigger one including a pretty huge terrace with a bbq and a hot tub which was where we felt home. We got breakfast every morning which included fresh island fruits (very yummy), bagels and organic cream cheese (a blast!). Furthermore there is a kitchenette equipped with a fridge loaded with yoghurt and other delicious stuff as well as cereals and fresh coffee. The apartment is in very good condition, there s nothing you could miss as you are even provided with stuff that could be useful on your day trips such as beach chairs, snorkel gear, ...
Distance to the shore (beaches, restaurants, malls, supermarkets, ...) is 5 min max.

We really liked it at the two mermaids and therefore can totally recommend it. Too bad we had to leave. Thank you for a very pleasant stay and extraordinary hospitality. See you soon! :)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ccyris
Reviewed 27 December 2011

My wife and I enjoyed our stay at Two Mermaids. Juddee was very friendly and extremely helpful with information about the island, sites etc. The room was very comfortable. There is a nice pool outside and a gas grill. The small fridge in the room is well stocked with breakfast items such as bagels, muffins, butter, jam, peanut butter, juice etc. Each morning Juddee would leave a closed basket on the rail with a selection of fruit and pastries. The room has a beach umbrella, ice chest and folding chairs for the beach. It is situated in a very quiet neighborhood located abouta half mile from the beach and the public boat launch area. A very nice location.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Art H
Reviewed 10 June 2011

I should have written this review so much sooner....but to be honest I just couldn't! I miss Maui so much that it made me sick just thinking about it and my amazing memories! Seriously, I really should move there because I love it soooo much!
Anyways....The Two Mermaids have the best B & B ever!!! It is the most amazing place to have a home away from home experience. (I consider it my home and Juddee and Miranda family!! My three daughters call them aunty :) I've stayed there twice now...once when my hubby and I got Maui'd and the other was with my sister, nephew and daughter. We stayed in both the Ohana and Poolside suites and I can honestly say that they are both amazing for different reasons.
The Ohana suite has a little more room than the other and its like being a tree house. You are up high and have a very large deck with a hot tub (all to your self!) Very colorful, cheerful colors and very homey...And there is an amazing palm tree that frames the sky when you are sitting in the hot tub....OH THE MEMORIES!!!!! and the margarita's!!!!
The Poolside suite is my favorite...it was very homey and relaxing! I had the most amazing sleep in this suite! I loved seeing the pool at lit up at night when coming back to the suite or looking out the window. The bathroom has great lighting for makeup application....very important....lol.
The pool is amazing...love the rocks around the edges and it very clean!!!! VERY!!!
The fruit and the goodies served are so de-lish!!! I loved the banana mac muffins! Fresh and warm from the oven..and left outside...I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE LADIES COMING INTO THE PLACE UNANNOUNCED!!! .... And I consider them family!
I cannot say this enough....Get their advice on the Island's activities! They KNOW everything that is going on!!!! We would of NEVER found the fun events that they knew about!!!
They suggested the Annual Ag show...and it was AMAZING!!! BEST FUN EVER!!!

Well it is very safe to say, that we ARE coming back in March/April 2012!!!!!
PS~~~Aloha Juddee and Miranda!!! Love and miss you!!! See you in 2012

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Teresa W
Reviewed 23 May 2011

The B&B is located a quiet area of Kihei and acts as a great home base for all kinds of activities. The backyard with a nice swimming pool is an amazing place to relax. Our room was equipped with a kitchenette and a fridge which held parts of our breakfast supplies. Our lovely host provided us with fresh fruit each morning. She provided awesome advice regarding activities and did the booking for us. Our stay was extremely relaxing and we would recommend this place anytime.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank miqster
Reviewed 22 May 2011

We stayed at this B&B and at first were very impressed with the owner's hospitality and the fruit basket and bread left at your doorstep every morning. After getting a reasonable night's sleep our first night as a married couple, we left early to tour Maui. When we got back that evening, the owners had left us a nasty note telling us to make our beds and clean our room before leaving for the day. The owners proceeded to 'check in' on us a few times a day and even walked into our rooms unannounced on a few occasions. Our stay was marred by their weird and discourteous behavior and their lack of respect for guests personal space. My wife and I were married in Maui and spent our honeymoon night and two additional nights at the two mermaids. When we left the hotel, we left quietly without making a fuss. Half way across the US, we got a call from 'two mermaids' - they wanted to know why we didn't fill out their guest book with complimentary remarks about our stay...and even ventured to say that we were the only people who had not done so.

I honestly think this is the worst, most discourteous place I have ever stayed in my life. We could not wait to leave this corny, tacky and distasteful b&b behind.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
15  Thank Kewcheystories
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
Maui Coast Hotel
Maui Coast Hotel
#1 of 3 in Kihei
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
What a Wonderful World Bed and Breakfast
Days Inn Maui Oceanfront
Ocean Breeze Hideaway
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui

Been to Tutu (Two) Mermaids on Maui Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!