We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kihei
Tutu (Two) Mermaids on Maui Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 16 Kihei B&B and Inns
Canada
“Love It!”
Reviewed 22 March 2010

My husband and I have just come back from our trip in Maui. We spent 7 nights at the Two Mermaids Bed and Breakfast. We love it there. It is the best bed and breakfast we have stayed. We love birds' sound in the morning, love fresh fruit and goodies for breakfast, love sitting by the pool watching birds and small house lizards in the garden. (I am always afraid of all kinds of lizards myself, but they looked harmless, and it was fun watching them actually.) Juddee was very good host and she was so kind. She even prepared togo breakfast box for us to take to the road trip to Hana. There were juice, bagels, muffins, granola cereal, yogurt in the fridge. We saved a lot of money because of her great breakfast. The only thing I don't like is there is no kitchen sink , we had to use washroom sink to clean our dishes. But it was too tiny thing and we were so happy we picked this bed and breakfast in this trip. It was really home away from home. We felt relax and felt like stay at home there. We hope we can go back and stay with them again. Oh! Juddee is very thoughtful. She prepared everything you need there. I forgot to take Aloe Vera gel with me and got a little bit sunburn. I opened a washroom closet and there were aloevera gel, sunscreen, hair gel, bug spray etc. She also has beach chairs, beach umbrella, beach toys, flashlight, Hana Road Cds, Maui guide books and even guitar! It was my first time in Hawaii but it won't be my last time there for sure!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Surangkhana

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Silver Spring, MD
Reviewed 6 January 2010

It is a super sweet bed and breakfast, THE SWEETEST OWNERS, and seriously, they make you the BOMB breakfast.

The rooms are bright and tropical feeling. We've now stayed twice, once in the bottom, smaller apt, and once up top in the bigger. Had a fabulous stay both times - but having stayed up top, where you have a lovely sundeck, private jacuzzi, and a tad more space.

In both rooms you get the fabulous breakfasts with beautiful (and tasty ) fruit displays and an array of home baked muffins, banana breads etc (they'll give you the recipes if you ask); the warm hospitality; access to the cute pool, and the barbecue.

Its wonderful to know I'm supporting local business as opposed to corporate mega chains, its a great locale to access the restaurants and such on S Kihei Rd, and close to the BEST BEACH IN THE NORTHERN HEMISHPHERE, Big Beach.

Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Tirol
Reviewed 15 July 2009

First of all, Juddee is the friendliest host with a special sense for detail, whose tips and recommendations were always helpful and true. Second, she makes probably the best muffins and brownies on Maui. We stayed in the suite for 6 nights and had a nice lanai with BBQ and hot tub, which we especially enjoyed after a long hike. Breakfast came in form of a basket with a big plate of fresh fruits together with some self-made sweets, bagels, cream cheese, butter, jam and juice were in our fridge. Even if you had to make breakfast for yourself and do the dishes by yourself, we liked this form of breakfast, as we could decide on our own, when (maybe after a refreshing swim in the wonderful pool) and where we would like to have it. As there was also a cooler provided, we sometimes took breakfast with us on the beach. By the way, so were beach towels, sun chairs, umbrellas and boogie boards. We felt at home immediately and would very much like to return sometime.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 12 July 2009

We stayed for four nights and enjoyed every one of them. We recommend splurging on the accommodations with the private deck and hot tub. It made for lovely views of the top of the sunset and relaxing in the hot tub after a long day. Since the night life is a little limited in Kihei we elected to cook at home 2 of the nights to save money. The kitchen is quite useful and the grill allowed for fun bbqing. The morning fruit was a great way to start the day.
Their help in lining up activities was a great service to get reputable companies/restaurants, take advantage of their knowledge and contacts. We plan on returning as soon as frequent flyer miles will allow. Aloha!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Ohio,USA
Reviewed 22 March 2009

I guess I am going to be one of the few reviewers not glowing over this place. I'm not going to slam it, though. Truly, it is okay...it just didn't bowl me over. First of all, Two Mermaids is located on a quiet cul-de-sac several blocks from the beach. Look, you're on Maui so there's no such thing as a "bad" place, but I felt more like I was visiting my parents house when I was coming here, not on a Hawaiian vacation. The price is right, though, and if you're looking to save a few $$$, this might be the palce. The decor of the place shows the hosts make every effort to make you feel as if you're right on the beach....everything is decorated in oceanic themes - EVERYTHING - right down to the fish-decorated toilet seat....so the decor can be a bit jarring and with all the signs around the place telling you what you can and can't do (the Eygptian cotton bath towels are NOT beach towels and do NOT wear your shoes or flip-flops into the house) I just couldn't relax...I felt like I was staying in a museum, not a vacation cottage....Just depends on what you expect out of a vacation, I guess sometimes I prefer the anonymity of a hotel where you're left alone, if I wanted to stay in a home, I'd stay at home.....

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank middietraveler
British Columbia
Reviewed 5 October 2008

Ok, where do I start.....My fiance and I planned to go to Maui and get 'Maui'd'....so I did some extensive research and, there it was...The Two Mermaids! We were coming with girls ages 4, 12 and 15, so that took some doing...We had to have a pool, hot tub for the adults...(by the way, we had to fight the kids for our time, they loved it), and of course it had to be big enough to all of us. Well, this place had it all and then some!
You are in a very nice residential neighbourhood and a very quiet one at that!
We arrived late, 11:30pm so everyone is sleeping! Our door was open, screen shut, hawaiian music softly playing, smells of flowers filled the air, and trade winds were softly blowing in the open french doors, also screened! Sigh, just paradise!

Every morning a bamboo leaf enclosed basket would be waiting outside your door with pineapple, dragonfruit, papaya, strawberries, starfruit and watermelon! All wrapped and chilled!
We videotaped every morning the fruit being revealed with ha's and oh's! The fridge was always stocked with yogurt, bagels, english muffins, cream cheese and jam! Oh, last but not least, POG juice.....yummo! We drank tonnes! (Pineapple, orange and guava juice!) Oh, good with Malibu....tee hee

We had the Ocean Ohana room, the one with the private hot tub!
Oh the time spent in this...we are getting one for our house!
The suite is spotless...and I mean spotless! Everything is ocean themed in this room....it takes days to see eveything! Small too large items adorn this suite, all in a tasteful manner!

Nice TV in family area, our bedroom off of that, the girls room was off of our room, down a ways.....large ceiling fans in both rooms. AC is in the family room...we didn't use it once...the trade winds cooled things nicely and we loved sleeping with the french doors open to our deck (NOTE: there is NO access to the deck but through our room...so very safe to do so!!)

We all fell in love with Juddee! She is aunty Juddee to my girls! She also Maui'd us at Makena Cove as she is a Reverand!!! Do NOT miss this adorable beach!!! Juddee is family and we loved her special care towards us. Miranda we met once, as she works full time but seemed very nice!

Oh I almost forgot...the POOL....this is much bigger than I thought it would be, because yes, it is much smaller than that of the huge resorts, but it takes up most of the backyard and it clean and refreshing warm and cool...perfect! My girls spent every minute we were home there! Beautiful setting, tables chairs, loungers, beach toys, and tonnes of plants!

So if you think we liked it here, you are soooo right! It is our second home....we will be back...count on it!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Wish it had an stove...but we used the BBQ!
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Bendigo, Australia
Reviewed 17 September 2008

This B and B has to be the best ever. The attention to detail is amazing..popcorn in the microwave, chocolates on the bedside table, guitars to strum, yoga mats to relax on, a pool, a hot tub and two wonderful hosts who look after their property with extreme love and care.
The kitchen was extremely well equipped, should you desire to cook a meal. We stayed here four nights and could have stayed for longer.
The private deck complete with BBQ and hot tub was an excellent retreat. This b&b is more like a small flat than a simple room.
If you are sick of 5 star resorts...give this a go. We are certainly glad we did.

• Liked — Great Breakfast...private and well priced.
  • Disliked — A litle further from the beach than we expected
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
Maui Coast Hotel
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Mana Kai Maui
Mana Kai Maui
#6 of 62 in Kihei

Been to Tutu (Two) Mermaids on Maui Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!