“Nice Place to Stay in Kihei”

Maui Beach Vacation Club
Ranked #41 of 62 Speciality Lodging in Kihei
Dallas, Texas
“Nice Place to Stay in Kihei”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I recently stayed for a week at Maui Beach Vacation Club. I have to say, I was a little freaked out at first at the thought of not having air conditioning. As soon as I checked in and entered the condo, I opened up all the louvered windows. Soon enough, the breeze coming though cooled the place off, and it stayed (mostly) comfortable for the rest of the week. Each night, sleeping with the cool breeze coming through the windows was wonderful. The condo was clean and had everything I needed…full kitchen with dishes, dish soap, towels, etc., and I loved having a washer and dryer to use! No worries about running out of clothes or taking a suitcase full of dirty clothes home with you. The location is great…there is a beautiful beach right across the street. MBVC is pretty central to many of the island’s attractions, and everything is easy to get to. There are plenty of bars, restaurants, and stores nearby. There is a grocery store just 1-2 miles away so you can stock your fridge. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I had a wonderful stay at Maui Beach Vacation Club, and I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mark L
drenzi, Manager at Maui Beach Vacation Club, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Aloha! Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Maui Beach Vacation Club. We are happy you found our accommodations comfortable and couldn't agree with you more about falling off to sleep with a soothing breeze. We love knowing our guests have everything they need! Thank you so much for your visit and generous comments. We hope you will consider us again on your next visit to Maui.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Sun City, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed here as a trade in timeshare. We had a two bedroom unit. When we arrived the check-in procedure was very smooth and our service was great. Based on the reviews I had read I was concerned about the noise and the lack of air conditioning. Neither turned out to be a problem. Of the seven nights that we stayed, only one night presented any noise issues, and that stopped on it's own in a few minutes. 10:00 pm comes and that place is quiet. There are several Quiet Hours signs. The trade winds blow quite a bit so most of the time the lack of air conditioning wasn't an issue. There were a few times it was warm in our unit but we dealt with it. The location is great. The staff there is very friendly. Everyone we interacted with was nice. The housekeeping staff was great. The kitchen was fully stocked. We had an end unit so lots of ventilation and great views. I didn't go there but there's a beach right across the street. 20 minutes to the airport, 35 minutes to Lahaina, 15 minutes to Wailea. Kihei has shops and stores with everything you need. So here's the bottom line. If you don't absolutely need air conditioning, this is a good place to stay. You won't be disappointed. But don't worry, the not having AC really wasn't a problem. It's outweighed by the many positive factors. A nice, clean place with friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank DTM46
drenzi, Manager at Maui Beach Vacation Club, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Aloha! Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your stay. We are glad our staff at Maui Beach helped make your vacation memorable. We are delighted to hear that your overall positive experience outweighed a few inconveniences, and we look forward to the day we can serve you again. Mahalo!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

MBVC grew on me quickly! At first I was a little disappointed. I called the front desk and they immediately resolved my concerns. As time passed, I fell in love with this quite, clean and perfectly located property. Perhaps it was the unobstructed view of the ocean across the street. Or maybe it was the tranquility of the pool and spa area. Maybe the excellent service from Keri at the concierge desk. All these things made my stay very enjoyable. But mostly, it was the call from the front desk who offered me accommodations for my late flight back to the mainland. Now in all my world wide travel, never ever have I received that type of customer service!

Thanks Dawn, Keri and the staff at MBVC for making your property my new home!!

Room Tip: Request higher floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Mcbb3
drenzi, Manager at Maui Beach Vacation Club, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
We are delighted to hear that Maui Beach Vacation Club has become your second home. We are thrilled our staff helped make your stay above and beyond outstanding. We appreciate your generous compliments regarding our accommodations and amenities and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again. Mahalo!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We just returned from our Maui vacation. We stayed at the Maui Beach Vacation Club only 2 nights and I was really worried about what we were facing because of some of the reviews on this site. I knew we would be hard to please also because we were coming from a major 5 star resort on the west side of the island (Ka'anapali Beach Club &Resort).
We were pleasantly surprised! We had a 2 bdr/2 bath unit on the bottom floor. It was clean, well equipped and bug free (which is what I was most worried about! ) We even checked for bed bugs and found nothing. We got plenty of a breeze with the window open (even though our unit was blocked by another building) we never felt like we needed A/C. Especially with the ceiling fans on. They are in every room and work VERY well btw!
Quiet hours are between 10pm and 8am but that seems to be the case most places in Maui (which is kinda surprising). If your a smoker just know that you cannot smoke on any patio at any resort in Hawaii...Apparently its Hawaii law that you must be at least 50 feet away from any door or opening to any building. That seems to be strongly enforced. But they do have a smoking area in the back corner of the parking lot. Or just go out front to the beach (which your also not supposed to smoke on...however no one goes to this section of the beach because it is not good for swimming or laying out).
Overall I was happy with my experience at this resort...especially for the price I paid ($240 total for 2 nights! ) The only reason I won't give it 5 stars is because of the inability to use the beach across the street. (The 5 star resort we also stayed at was right on the beach and it was gorgeous!! But also very expensive).
I would not buy a timeshare here but i would definitely reccomend this resort for renting a unit for your vacation. My advice is to try to get a bottom/corner unit which is always the 2 bdr unit. (2 bdr units are on the ends of the building and the 1 bdr units are in the middle). The staff was very friendly and accommodating and it seems they have been making improvements.
Oh and one more thing. .. The only thing that seemed "outdated" (as some of the other reviews claim) was the sofa. The mattress on the sofabed was new memory foam and very comfy but the couch itself looked like it was older fashion. Other than that the kitchen appliances were newer and so was the washer/dryer. The beds were comfy and all 5 of us slept like babies! I hope this helps and have a great time in Maui! We sure did!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Kathy E
drenzi, Manager at Maui Beach Vacation Club, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Maui Beach Vacation Club. We are thrilled you were pleasantly surprised by your experience. We are glad you found our accommodations clean and well equipped. We appreciate your kind remarks, along with the feedback you have provided, and hope to have you back the next time you are in Maui!
Truckee, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I was very concerned about staying here due to the reviews and was surprised when I got there it wasn't what I expected at all. It was a great week the condo was clean, the staff was great there was some noise when kids were in the pool but thats normal. Thanks for the great week and yes I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Eileen M
Aloha!. We are delighted your stay at Maui Beach Vacation Club exceeded your expectations. We appreciate your compliments and are thrilled we could earn your highest rating. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed at MBVC with my brother and sister-in-law who were celebrating their wedding anniversary. The place is outdated but clean and fully supplied. We stayed on the fifth floor
which meant we could take advantage of the breeze that was usually blowing. The staff provided us with fans which we used at night. We found the staff accommodating and friendly. The property is across the road from the beach which made it easy for our morning walks. The staff provided us with lounge chairs for the beach, and the concierge from Expedia lined up all our tours for us.
Sure, I would have liked a fancier, newer place but this was a decent and clean place to stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in 506C and liked it.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sfe42
drenzi, Manager at Maui Beach Vacation Club, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for reviewing your stay at Maui Beach Vacation Club. We are happy you found our property clean and well equipped, and that our staff was accommodating and friendly. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will consider returning soon!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I was a little worries upon arrival with all the negative reviews and no AC but this place exceeded my expectations! And yes I am a pretty hard to please and quite the picky person, we've stayed in 5 star resorts to nice little condos right of the beach. Yes there is no AC but with the windows open the breeze kept our room nice and cool. We stayed on the bottom floor in room c102 with a patio that walked right out to the pool. It was never noisy, and who's in maui to sleep past 8 anyways get out and enjoy the beautiful weather and beaches! perfect location close to just about everything, our girls age 5 and 15 loved it here! Rooms were very clean the only thing that sucked is there was no tv in the bedroom but other than that great expiercience and would definitely stay again

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank MELLYMELL79
Aloha! Thank you for your visit and for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted we exceeded your expectations and thrilled that you would definitely stay with us again. We truly appreciate your generous comments and hope to see you soon!