What a wonderful, relaxing 18 days. Absolutely everything about the condo (and the complex) was appealing. From our initial email inquiry to the prompt return of our damage deposit, it's obvious that the owners are determined to offer a get away home that scores a 10/10. Check in and out was a simple process done at the condo. The owners live on Maui and were in touch with us on our first day to ensure that we had everything we needed.
The location was superb with walking distance to 2 great swimming / snorkling beaches in Kihei and some fun dining options. The parking stall for our rental, elevator (we used for luggage and groceries to the 4th flr) and the beach equipment were very much appreciated. Free long distance to Canada was a bonus. There is a binder filled with information on the complex, dining, activities, etc. The unit also had free wireless internet, a large flat screen tv and netflix. I think we watched 3 hours of tv during the 18 days.
The pictures are spot on. Granite, glass tables, comfortable furniture, new appliances etc. provided a very upscale setting. The front load washer & dryer are full size. We utilitized the bbq's by the pool and we enjoyed some beautiful sunsets from the lanai.
This condo would easily accommodate 2 couples or a family of 4.
The design of the building provides a quiet, peaceful and private setting. The maintenance staff are diligent in maintaining the property and the pool & pool area are cleaned every morning.
Three things beyond the owner's control are birds, street traffic and garbage trucks. Birds are early risers although after a couple of days we were able to tune them out to some degree. Distant traffic noise seemed to quiet down between 11pm and 7am so it was rarely an issue. Garbage trucks were mid to late morning which is fortunate as there are quite a few dumpsters. We never felt we needed to close a window or lanai door at night to block out noise. There is an A/C unit however, we never used it.
We are already planning our 2014 holiday and, once we have dates confirmed, hope to find B402 available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Haleakala Shores is a small condo complex directly accross Kihei Rd from Kamaole III beach park. There are 30+ vacation rentals to chose from here. They are all large, bright 2br/2ba units with private lanais. Many offer great beach, ocean, or mountain views. Rare covered parking is also included. Many previous guests have reviewed specific units here and many return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Haleakala Shores Condos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Haleakala Shores Condos Hotel Kihei
- Haleakala Shores Condos Maui/Kihei