“Excellent”
Review of Koa Lagoon

Koa Lagoon
Ranked #12 of 60 Speciality Lodging in Kihei
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed in 304. there ws bsolutely everything you need fo a home wy from home. The only thing we needed to supply for ouselves was our clothing, toiletries & food if we were to eat in. there was beach chairs, beach towles, boggie boards, books on the area - things to see & do, the list is endless!!!

There was lots of room, there was 5 staying & space was not an issue. Lovely condo in a lovely spot. Can't wait to go back Mahalo Maui

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Toni L

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Linda Barron is the manager and she is friendly, accommodating , and very knowledgeable. She is a pleasure to work with. My wife and I have been to Koa Lagoon three times and primarily
because of Linda will never go anywhere else. Close to the beach, great ocean views , small
and quiet. What more could anyone ask for? reasonably priced as well. This place is great and
so is Linda. We were in 305 the last 2 times and in 206 this time. Both were fine.

Blake & Jan Murray

Room Tip: Pick a higher floor to avoid any street noise since this sits right on South Kihei Road.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank janray14
Reviewed 24 December 2013

The rental is as described and it was clean and comfortable with a relatively well equipped kitchen. Having a washer & a dryer was very convenient. The 2 A/C units were functional but placed in very poor locations (blowing on the dinner table in the living/dinning room and on one's head in the bedroom). Without the A/C on you could not sleep in the bedroom (you could not and would not open the window). This unit is listed as "deluxe" (recently refurbished). This might be true for the kitchen but not the bathroom. The lanai furniture was not cleaned for probably a long time and the black remains of the burned sugar cane that the wind brings over covered it. The view from the lanai is very nice. It is also nice to get up early and just go for a walk on the local beach before it gets too hot. We didn't swim there based on what we read about the water quality in this area, which was OK for us because we spent most of the time sight seeing and stopping on the way on nicer beaches. The noise from the street didn't bother us as w. the A/C on we didn't hear it. Linda, the manager for these apartments (which are individually owned) was prompt with her answers. Since each apartment is different, make sure that you ask lots of questions about what's important to you. I recommend the place for those on budget and do not mind having to drive to get anywhere (beach, shopping, etc.).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank suzannaPortland
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We stayed for 2 weeks at Koa Lagoon and loved it. The condo was very comfortable and had everything in it we needed for a relaxing, enjoyable stay. We stayed in #206 and couldn't find anything to complain about. The kitchen had everything we needed for cooking, the bed was very comfortable, there was a new flat screen tv a washer and dryer, the livingroom was very nice and of course the lanai had wonderful views of the water and sunsets with comfortable deck chairs to sit on and just relax.The building is on the ocean side and we were never bothered by road noise. The complex isn't that big and it was quiet and peaceful. If you want the hustle and bustle of life go to South Kihei but if you want tranquility go to Koa Lagoon. The beach walks were very nice and although the water was rocky I brought beach shoes and it didn't matter. We loved Koa Lagoon both the condo and the location.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tessa020
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We extended our week's stay at another resort by spending three nights at the Koa Lagoon. We had a two bedroom corner unit. The living area was spacious and the kitchen was well equipped. Unfortunately my wife and I were bunked in the small bedroom which seemed no larger than my closet at home, and it wasn't comfortable to sleep there. It would be OK for a family with a couple of kids who probably wouldn't care. The unit was old and outdated, but very clean. There is a small enclosed swimming pool that requires your room key to enter. The place is also on the beach, but it didn't appear to be used much. We spent our water time in the pool area. All in all it was an OK place for a couple of nights, but if you are looking for more activities and amenities this is not the place for you.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Big C
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We did a lot of research before picking this fantastic apartment in North Kihie. As a special treat to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary i wanted my wife to experience a tropical island (as well as ticking off a bucket list of flying around the world). I had previously been to Honolulu and cant say that I was all that impressed but had heard good things about Maui so decide to give Hawaii a second chance (glad I did). The fight from UK was pretty exhausting with a 5 hour lay over in LAX (glad I pre booked the business lounge) we finally arrived in Maui and after picking up a rental arrived at to Koa Lagoon about 10pm local (27 hours travelling door to door). My wife's face when she went out onto the lanai the next morning was proof that the planning, cost andjourney had been worth it. The apartment was perfect with all the amenities that were needed and the location was great. A small ABC store, just down the road had been able to supply us with the basics until we were able to do a larger grocery shop once we had located our bearings and explored the area a little bit. The pool area was used by my wife to catch the sun whilst I went scuba diving in the mornings and the we would go out in the afternoon/evening to various parts of the island. All in all Maui has redemed my thoughts of Hawaii and if I got the chance to go back I would definitley look at the Koa Lagoon again.
On the down side and this is very minor I needed to acquire a car parking pass, the instructions gave a contact phone number for which I left a message, only later bumping into Edward the groundman/maintance guy who explained that this had now changed and he issued me one there and then, and the fact the the exterior of the building was being cleaned and repainted by a couple of guys in a hoist that had not been communicated about, I felt that this was a bit intrusive but as we were only in the place for part of the day it was no big deal.

I would highley recomend this rental to anyone who is thinking about it

Room Tip: 603 is on the top floor and has panoramic views of the ocean
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mel A
Reviewed 11 September 2013

The place is just wonderful, in front of the ocean. We found everything we needed and more! The apartment was very big, with washing machine, dryer, microwave, equipped kitchen, really everything. The only problem was a noice (24hours a day) which seemd to come from the ventilation system. We stayed in the 602.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
Lahaina Shores Beach Resort
#15 of 60 in Kihei
Maui Schooner Resort
Maui Schooner Resort
#9 of 60 in Kihei

Been to Koa Lagoon? Share your experiences!