This place is okay at best. Good location, quite suitable if you are on a budget and are spending very little time in your room. When we arrived from the airport (before check in time) we were told our room was not ready, which was understandable since we were early, we left our luggage and went to have lunch and explore the town. We were told that they would call us when our room was ready. 3 hours later nobody had called so we decided to go back and get swimsuits out of our luggage. When we went back we were told our room was ready. It was HOT in our room, unbearably HOT. The ac is operated by a small under the window unit on a timer which can be set for 4 hours at a time. Based on the temperature of our room I can safely assume that the air conditioning had not been run in at least a day, so it's unlikely that somebody checked out of our room that morning. It was most likely available when we first arrived.
The $18 amenity fee is ridiculous, they are supposed to replenish laundry detergent, coffee etc as part of that fee and ours was not replenished. We returned to our condo after a long day of hiking to do laundry, only to find that we had no detergent as promised. When I went to the front desk to ask for some I was told they didn't have any... But they would bring some in the morning. As of 11 am they still haven't brought any. The place is clean but dated. I almost burned myself in the shower because the faucet is installed incorrectly. The cold side is hot and hot is cold. They labeled the blanket in SHARPIE, they screwed a rug into the wall to cover the breaker box, and the AC only being able to be set for 4 hours causes my husband to get overheated during the night so he has to wake up and reset it. It's clean, but hot, and in a good location. If you have no expectations you'll most likely be comfortable if you're just looking for a place to rest your head, if you're looking for a nice place with a resort feel, look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious suites across from the beach. This affordable condominium resort on Maui's South Coast is within easy walking distance of shops and restaurants. Access to swimming pools, outdoor barbecues and tennis courts and proximity to golf and the beach make this modern resort especially popular with families and larger parties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Aston at the Maui Banyan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston At The Maui Banyan Hotel Kihei
- Resortquest Maui Banyan Kihei
- Resort Quest Maui Banyan
- Aston At The Maui Banyan Kihei