We returned from Maui this morning, refreshed and relaxed. The Coral Room at Ocean Breeze Hideaway was our perfect home away from home. We originally chose it because we eschew high priced hotels, preferring to spend the bulk of our vacation dollars on food and adventure. But our choice was perfect! We arrived at night and were greeted by twinkling lights, a lit garden path, and a warmly lit private room. We were home!
Both Sande and Bob are charming and helpful, with great tips about island food and activities. They showed genuine concern when I suffered an injury, and exuded interest in their guests and the island.
The room was charming, very"Hawaiian decor." the bed was über comfy, the bathroom serviceable if a bit outdated in decor, but nothing that would make me stay elsewhere.
Sande and Bob have thought of everything you might possibly want or need: beach chairs, boogy board and noodle floats, umbrella, cooler, extra luxurious beach towels, an outdoor clothesline, refrigerator, picnic ware and plastic glasses. The list goes on and on.
The ONLY possible downside is the scheduled breakfast. We were
Unable to avail ourselves of the sit-down breakfast more than a few times (and those times it was delicious) because we tend to get up and going early. They did offer to pre-pack a breakfast for us. But I would appreciate it more if the schedule could be more flexible- say, from 8 to 9am, instead of exactly at 8:15.
That said, my complaint is minor. I would stay there again in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our peaceful Maui Bed and Breakfast overlooks Maalaea Bay and is just a 10-minute walk from Maui's longest beach. Enjoy a morning swim or snorkel in calm waters, walk or run along this undeveloped white sand beach. Return to a delicious Island breakfast served on our ocean-view lanai, surrounded by coconut palms and bougainvillea. Take in the view of Maalaea Bay while you enjoy fresh ground coffee and assorted teas; tropical juices, fresh island fruit; granola; muffins, scones and assorted breads; and island jams. We choose locally grown and organic at every opportunity. Maui Bed and Breakfast permit #BBKM 2009/0003 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Ocean Breeze Hideaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Breeze Hideaway Hotel Kihei
- Ocean Breeze Hideaway Maui/Kihei