This last March, my wife and I had the real pleasure of staying with Bob and Sande at their lovely B&B, the Ocean Breeze, in Kihei. This part of our trip to Hawaii was definitely the most memorable for us... The rooms at the Ocean Breeze were cool, comfortable, and quiet, and the breakfasts that were served were ample, healthy (made with natural ingredients), and absolutely delicious! In addition, the Ocean Breeze is centrally-located in Kihei, and the beaches are just a few minutes walk.
We both have wonderful memories of sitting out on the lanai looking out at the ocean and the West Maui mountains, and talking with Bob and Sande over cups of steaming hot Hawaiian-grown coffee. Both Bob and Sande have lived on the Islands for some years and were able to direct us to great local restaurants, exquisite beaches, and little-known hiking trails away from the tourist crowds. My favorite part of our stay, however, was the down-home "Hawaiian-kine" music that Bob played and sang for us--he an inspired musician and is currently studying ukulele with one of the last remaining old-time players on Maui.
In short, our stay at the Ocean Breeze was a surprise and a delight--we are happy to recommend this experience to anyone traveling in the area, and we certainly look forward to our next trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our peaceful Maui Bed and Breakfast overlooks Maalaea Bay and is just a 10-minute walk from Maui's longest beach. Enjoy a morning swim or snorkel in calm waters, walk or run along this undeveloped white sand beach. Return to a delicious Island breakfast served on our ocean-view lanai, surrounded by coconut palms and bougainvillea. Take in the view of Maalaea Bay while you enjoy fresh ground coffee and assorted teas; tropical juices, fresh island fruit; granola; muffins, scones and assorted breads; and island jams. We choose locally grown and organic at every opportunity. Maui Bed and Breakfast permit #BBKM 2009/0003 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Ocean Breeze Hideaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Breeze Hideaway Hotel Kihei
- Ocean Breeze Hideaway Maui/Kihei