We stayed 3 nights in this lovely B&B and we definitely enjoyed our stay. I read a lot of the other reviews and I can confirm the laudatory facts like the perfect breakfast and the great hospitality of Sande and Bob and so I don´t want to repeat all of them. So maybe I use these words to comment on the few not so perfect reviews that we cannot understand. For example some people complained about not having an A/C in their room and therefore the need to sleep with open windows and the assosciated noise. BUT there is the possibility to have an A/C because one of the two rooms has one. So if you book the Coral Suite you will have an A/C and can sleep with closed windows. So you will definetly have a quite night in a well tempered room. (Only as a side note: this was the only B&B we had on Hawaii (and we had a lot) that offered the convenience of an A/C).
We would definitely recommend these B&B to all our friends because it is a really great place to explore Maui and get in contact with people living on Hawaii.
There is only a small disadvantage for people from europe that do not book by a travel agency. Because the advanced payment with paypal was quite expensive for us. We had to pay the fees of paypal AND the credit card (because paypal charges the credit card). In all the other B&Bs we gave our credit card number as deposit and paid cash during our stay. That was much more convenient for us. But never the less Oceanbreeze Hideaway was worth the money.
Markus and Kerstin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our peaceful Maui Bed and Breakfast overlooks Maalaea Bay and is just a 10-minute walk from Maui's longest beach. Enjoy a morning swim or snorkel in calm waters, walk or run along this undeveloped white sand beach. Return to a delicious Island breakfast served on our ocean-view lanai, surrounded by coconut palms and bougainvillea. Take in the view of Maalaea Bay while you enjoy fresh ground coffee and assorted teas; tropical juices, fresh island fruit; granola; muffins, scones and assorted breads; and island jams. We choose locally grown and organic at every opportunity. Maui Bed and Breakfast permit #BBKM 2009/0003 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Ocean Breeze Hideaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Breeze Hideaway Hotel Kihei
- Ocean Breeze Hideaway Maui/Kihei