“Very nice surprise”

Days Inn Maui Oceanfront
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Kihei
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Stayed using Wyndham Reward points and was very pleased with the location and services of Hotel. Manager Justin very aware of guest request, location great for people who wish to just chill on the beach (hotel has beach access) or take a nice walk along the ocean.
Pretty high end restaurant on site (Sarento) which is very good.
Hotel nice and affordable and has new owners so improvements are being made. Great hotel for "budgeted" mind vacationers.

Room Tip: Be specific as they do not have A LOT of ocean view rooms - and be prepared to pay more for ocean vi...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Maui Oceanfront

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Great little place hotel in South Kehei, actually closer to Wailea than the main part of Kehei.

The front desk staff was pleasant and helpful. We had issues with keys not working for the first few days that we stayed there and they were prompt and apologetic to fix them.

The room itself was small but clean. Super comfy bed and nice pillows. The A/C is mounted directly above the bed so that was a little disconcerning but we never had any problems with water dripping from condensation. There was also a ceiling fan which would probably suffice to keep the room cool at night, however our room faced the parking lot and restaraunt so was a little noisey when the windows were opened so we chose to use the A/C.

There was a small fridge and microwave in the room which was helpful. The main drawback was lack of storage. There were 3 small drawers and a tiny (literally tiny) closet. There were two of us and we were staying for 2 weeks so we had to be creative. The room was clean when we arrived, with that being said we found we often had to track down the house keeping staff to clean our room while we were there. They would make an early morning pass (usually by 9 am) if we still had our do not disturb sign on the door they would pass us by for the day.
They were also pleasant and would come up and clean right away but if you didn't catch them by one you could guarantee you wouldn't get your room cleaned that day.

The beach was our favorite swimming beach on the island. Great soft sand, gentle slope and rare rocks. The far end of the beach near the hotel had some black rock outcroppings that if you took your snorkel gear with you (especially before 9am) you could see great coral and fish right from the beach. There were also turtles hanging out there on a few mornings as well.

Overall, great location and nice room for the price. We would stay again without hesitation!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor, less noise and ask for the back side of the hotel. There are a...
1  Thank KWT-traveler
Reviewed 29 August 2012

This is a great place to stay, although the rooms are kinda small, but who cares your in MAUI. The beach is only a few steps away and it is a great beach. The Hotel staff was very helpful. I would stay here again for sure.

1  Thank HOPSforEverybody
porsche4jay, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Maui Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

First of all I want to thank everyone who wrote a reveiw of their experience at our hotel. On behalf of the new ownership of the Days Inn Maui Oceanfront I would like to aplogize to all guests who experienced one problem or another. Please know that our main priority is you, our loyal guests. The hotel was just bought by our company in the middle of June, 2012 and we assure all our guests that we will work hard to provide you with the best service, quality and accommodations each and every time you stay at our Days Inn & Suites Maui Oceanfront Inn hotel.

We have plans to update and renovate many areas of property and even though our rooms might be small in size, we promise you that our staff will go above and byond what is needed to make sure your stay is comfortable and satisfactory. We encourage each and every guest to contact management each time they have an issue or complaint to insure those issues and complaints are resolved to your expectations.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to serving your accommodation needs in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Beach front hotel on the Kihei coast of Maui for $76 a night. It is a value. What is true: the room was small, the bathroom was small, the parking lot has very tight spaces, the TV and furniture (not bed) are dated, and there is no hotel wide WIFI. It is also true, however, that the room was very clean, the bathroom was clean and functional, a TV, microwave, and refrigerator were all included, ice maker and laundromat were very conveniently located, and checking in and out was easy. The best part: the bed is incredible (I kept waking up after only 4 hours of sleep because I felt so rested, sounds like a commercial but it is true; and the beach is beautiful. For $76, I was not seeking a room to invite all my friends so I could impress them. We wanted to sleep well, be safe, and have a clean room. All done. Well done.

One caveat, if you are traveling with large heavy bags, I strongly suggest that you request a ground floor unit. The second floor is a walk up, and the stairs are narrow. It is a bit rough.

Room Tip: Carrying your bags up and down the narrow staircase can be difficult. If you have any type of physic...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

We have plans to update and renovate many areas of property and even though our rooms might be small in size, we promise you that our staff will go over and byond what is needed to make sure your stay is comfortable and satisfactory. We encourage each and every guest to contact management each time they have an issue or complaint to insure those issues and complaints are resolved to your expectations.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

Rude, lazy, customer service.
 I checked in on a Monday night, booked Mon-Thurs. On Tues I asked to extend the room til Fri. The receptionist said I would need to come back on Thurs to close out the room and pay for Thurs night. I offered to come back sooner, she assured me that I could keep my room and it was all reserved. They had my credit card on file. I didn't question it.
When I came back Thurs I was told THEY HAD SOLD MY ROOM TO SOMEONE ELSE! They had 2 other rooms avail I could move but would need to pay the oceanfront suite rate. Then a different receptionist had the nerve to interrogate me: "HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY THINK WE'D RESERVE A ROOM FOR YOU WHEN YOU DIDN'T EVEN PAY FOR IT. YOU NEED TO LEAVE NOW! AND YOU WILL BE CHARGED A LATE CHECK-OUT FEE BECAUSE YOUR STUFF IS STILL IN THE ROOM" I asked to speak to the mgr ( a step backwards) the kid was just as unwilling.  I offered solutions, put your soon to arrive guests in the other room, put me in the other room for one night at  the promised rate.... THE MGR SAID WE DON'T HAVE ANY AVAILABLE ROOMS FOR YOU. YOU NEED TO PACK UP AND LEAVE!"
The room was small missing a window screen and it took 2 days to get wash cloths even after leaving a note at the front desk. IF YOU LIKE RUDE INCOMPETENCE, this is your place!
After all this they did say they wouldn't charge my card for late check out. I'll check, because you can't believe anything they'll tell you.
I found a place close to the airport for the night.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Knot2picky

Reviewed 13 August 2012

This hotel is not big, does not have a ton of extras, you have to go to the office to use WI-FI. This hotel may be older, but it is very clean. The beds are the best; anywhere!! Real Tempurpedic Beds and you get a good night sleep. The room is very small, but who stays in the room in Maui? The beach is the best around and this hotel is close to a lot of great things to do. There is a restaurant, I will review later, its over priced you can do better.

If your looking for a place to sleep and base your vacation, and don't expect to spend to much time in the room, save your money and stay here!!! Use the cash to Scuba, Eat, Hike, Fish or something else fun.

The bathroom is small too, but it works and was clean every day. The bottom floor can hear people above, but we had the Air on all th time and it helped cover up other noise. Everything worked; Fridge, Microwave, Safe, A/C, Fans and Hot/Cold Water.....TV was not an LCD, but we don't watch TV when vacationing in Maui, so we did not care.

We will go back everytime we travel to Maui!!!

Room Tip: Stay on second floor and don't upgrade to the Ocean Front room, save the money you will be happy...
1  Thank YourBizDr

Reviewed 10 August 2012

My husband and I stayed for one night only. The hotel is inexpensive, the rooms was small, the shower was not that clean and the shower curtain was attached to one side of the wall only. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were clean. There was a fridge in the room, but we never tried it out to see if it worked. The floor covering on the outside of the room was filthy, and there was big bag of garbage under the staircase. My husband reported it, but the garbage was still there the next day. This hotel needs upgrading and new management. Despite the great location of the hotel, we would never stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room was noisy. Maybe the ones facing the ocean are less noisy.
3  Thank uncoco

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
Maui Coast Hotel
Royal Lahaina Resort
Royal Lahaina Resort
#18 of 32 in Lahaina
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui

Been to Days Inn Maui Oceanfront? Share your experiences!