“Value”
Review of Palms at Wailea

Palms at Wailea
Ranked #13 of 61 Speciality Lodging in Kihei
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I think I booked the least desirable type of room this property offers and it was great. It was a ground floor garden view 2 BR condo. Each condo is individually owned and talking to the manager I know that the one I booked was a little different than others. I found it to be very comfortable 2 BR 2 Bath, fold out sofa. We had 6 people at one time and it was completely comfortable. I loved the large patio and regretted that I didn't use the gas bbq that was there; next time!.

The staff were always smiling. We had a small problem with one thing and they were quick to respond and fix. Truthfully I felt like I was living at my own home I was so comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank donmark1444
Matt S, General Manager at Palms at Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Aloha donmark1444.
In addition to all the Canadians that enjoy our property it is always nice to here that our Kamaaina (‘of the land/island’) guests also enjoy the many fine features of our condo/resort.
It was particularly reassuring to hear that you felt right at home here and that our 2 bedroom units units are so spacious that all 6 of your group were comfortable. Mahalo for your kind words.
Matt

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom condo that was very well appointed. Two bathrooms, very large living area, nice kitchen with upgraded counter tops and everything you'd need to cook just like at home. Beach chairs are available to take with you to the nearby beaches and pool towels are happily provided each day from the front desk. This unit had 2 big lanais completely outfitted with a bbq and lots of seating and tables. Our unit was air conditioned in the bedroom with a big ceiling fan in the living area, very adequate. If you want extra breeze you can open the lanai doors and enjoy the Hawaiian air.
We did have an issue with some reno noise from the unit below and brought it to the management attention for which they were very understanding and helpful.
The overall complex is large, quiet and well maintained. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The pool area was very nice with adequate amounts of lounge chairs always available and guests respect the pool rules so everyone can enjoy a relaxing experience. There is a very nice mall with restaurants within a two minute drive or 15 minute walk and the complex is in a very lovely area of Wailea near beautiful beaches.
We will definitely return to this resort and recommend to all our friends and family to stay here.

Room Tip: Be specific about your needs when booking as there are many different units to accommodate different...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Matt S, General Manager at Palms at Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Aloha Waikiki Wahini (Lady) from Vancouver, B.C. Given you email name, it sounds like you have bonded with the islands and so we are pleased that you enjoyed your time here as I’m sure that you will be back.
Your comprehensive review was fun to read as we are always pleased when our guests (you) say the same things as our Marketing Department as it adds credibility to the Outrigger brand. Mahalo for your kind words and helpful information.
You also gave some nice guidance to the readers to provide specific requests when making a reservation as within our collection of condos we would hope to be able to please our guests with certain bedding, 1st or 2nd fl request, location within the property, units with full a/c etc. We have lofty goals… to please all and we will do everything we can to make ones stay enjoyable and we appreciate the opportunity to serve you.
Once again, Mahalo for your review. Matt Swartz

Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

We usually stay at the Fairmont in Wailea. This was my first time staying here and I came here with low expectations. We are so happy with our condo and the facilities here. It's quiet and relaxed and does not have the uptight feel of a luxury hotel but is still located in an upscale resort area close to greet beaches and restaurants. I highly recommend this place and encourage owners to renovate their units.

• Stayed: November 2013

Aloha Cindy and Mahalo for taking the time to provide your perspective on our property.
I was particularly pleased to hear that we provided good value as we know that, although a trip to Maui is always going to cost quite a bit of money, it isn’t that much if you get what it is that you were wishing for.
Wailea does offer many options and I am pleased that you found us and that you were happy here. We enjoy being part of other people’s vacation and your comments gave meaning to what we do.
We look forward to being able to accommodate you on your next trip to Maui.
Mahalo. Matt Swartz

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We absolutely enjoyed our stay at this Outrigger condo. The ground and garden were very well maintain and the flowers and trees were so beautiful. The 2-bedroom unit we stayed was very spacious and was very comfortable for a family of 4 adults. The kitchen was well equipped with everything that we would for our one week stay. Having a washing machine and dryer in the unit was definitely a plus for us. We rented a "Garden Deluxe" unit and sure it was, very private and quiet. The personnels at the front desk there were very friendly and helpful. Overall , the place was just very impressive. I would recommend this condo rental to anyone and will go back next time we visit Maui.

Room Tip: Pay just a little more to get a deluxe unit. It's more spacious and more private.
1  Thank free-to-travel-99
Matt S, General Manager at Palms at Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Aloha to our guest from Ontario.
I’m happy to hear that your distance traveled was rewarded with an enjoyable time with us here at the Outrigger Palms of Wailea.
We appreciated your thoughtful review of our property as it reflects many of the things that are important to us. Your ‘highly recommended’ is very valuable as it reinforces that our efforts are appreciated and this give us the energy to continue what we are doing.
We agree that the Garden Deluxe provides good value as we understand this to be a preferred location on the property.
Finally, I am pleased to hear that the staff was friendly and helpful as it is important that we offer our clean comfortable accommodations in the spirit of Aloha.
Mahalo for your kind words.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Awesome condo rental. Everthing available for enjoying paradise!
Pool area is centrally located, salt water pool (yay, no chlorine) and surrounded by streams and Palm Trees. Units are individually owned so vary in interior decor. Many have been updated and have three air conditioners in the unit. Some units have been renovated so the sliding doors to the 2nd bedroom have been replaced with a full, soundproofed wall- much better privacy.
Outrigger manages some Ipof the owner's units, while most are available on VRBO.
Maui wins "best island of the year" by Conde Naste travel group, for many years in a row!
Beaches and 5 star hotels are nearby; affordable dining is in the area of Kihei, just minutes away.

Room Tip: Garden view units are great value and many have a peek-a-boo view of the ocean. Quiter setting yet...
1  Thank ALOHAGYPSY

Aloha to the AlohaGypsy.
I was pleased to hear your satisfaction with your recent vacation to Maui (“No Ka O’i”) and more importantly, to your time here at the Palms of Wailea.
You noted that the vacation rentals here are individually owned and therefore different and I am happy to add that this is actually a good thing as we have found that guests all seem to like different décor, floor plans and locations within the property. We are confident that, with the number of units that we manage, we will have something that guests will enjoy.
Additionally, Outrigger guests will appreciate that we do not lock you into a specific unit as we are more interested in being able to find something that will please you.
On you next visit to Maui, make sure to give us the opportunity to please you with our diverse, but well managed collection of vacation rentals. The fact that we are right here on property should be very comforting to those considering a vacation trip to Maui as we will work hard to please all guests.
Mahalo. Matt Swartz

Reviewed 28 September 2013

The outrigger was reasonably priced, very clean, well furnished, and had a great pool. Although it is not on the beach it was a great place to stay since you need a car to get around the island anyway. It was very close to many restaurants and shops. The grounds were well maintained and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. We will definitely stay here again next time we are in Maui. We have also stayed at the Castle Kamole Sands which doesn't even compare. The Palms is way cleaner and better furnished. They even have rafts, beach mats, and beach chairs that were most likely left behind from previous renters. It was very convenient. Thank you for a great stay!

1  Thank Kunta186
Matt S, General Manager at Palms at Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Aloha Kunta 189.
It is with great pleasure that we read your raving review of our property. Our goal is to provide excellent value to our guests and it appears as if we were able to do this in nearly every area.
Mahalo for your kind words.
We look forward to your return visit so that we can continue to please you.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

My wife and 3 children just returned from Maui, we stayed at this hotel from 8/28-9/5.
I don't normally write reviews but we had such an awesome experience that I decided to take a few minutes to provide some feedback.

First off let me say that I'm a travel agent and have been in the travel industry business for aprox 20 years, as a travel professional I would recommend this hotel to clients.
We truly loved every moment at the hotel from the time we checked in to the time we left. The Outrigger Palms is not a full service hotel, if you are looking for all the bells and whistles i.e., room service, bar, and restaurants, this may not be your best option, but if these things are not important to you I’m sure you would enjoy this hotel.
The hotel is NOT on the beach, but you can walk to the beach which is aprox a 10 minute walk downhill thought the beautiful landscaped grounds and across the street from South Kihey Drive, while at the beach make sure you relax and be prepared for the walk back up the hill which takes a little longer :-) we decided to take the 2 minute drive after our first walk :-)

The rooms are HUGE, we stayed in unit 1403 which offered a view of the ocean, had 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, dining area, living room, washer dryer, full kitchen with plenty of cups, dishes, mugs, dishwasher and everything else you need, our blender was broken but the ice maker on the fridge did the job crushing the ice for our mixed drinks.
The unit had AC in all the rooms but only worked in the master bedroom, if you want AC in the other rooms there is an extra charge, the temperature was in the 90's and we were fine with just the one AC and the ceiling fans in every room.
If you want housekeeping there is an extra charge, but we didn’t mind maintaining the place clean on our own, my wife even took out the vacuum a couple of times.
We had an amazing lanai with table, chairs and gas BBQ, which was great to spend time eating some homemade food, knocking back a nice glass of wine while enjoying the stunning sunsets, and ocean sounds.

The pool is very nice, it’s only 4 feet deep at its deepest point but this was perfect for the kids, the one thing I would have loved is if the hotel had a pool side bar for some tropical drinks, we had to make our own which I guess in the wrong run saved us some money .

We had relatives meet us in Maui, they rented an apartment but were amazed by our hotel and room, they said next time they go back they are staying at this hotel.

My kids loved the place, they each got a welcome gift at check in, and you would think they at Disney with the excitement on their faces as they explored every corner of the room.

The front desk clerk and Chica at the concierge desk were great, we got some great info from Chica about the island but since I’m in the travel industry I had plenty of contacts on the island and didn’t use her service.

My previous trip to Maui was on my honeymoon in 2000 and we stayed at the Westin Maui Resort, it’s also a beautiful hotel with an amazing pool, I was offered a good rate to stay at the Westin but in the end I decided to stay at the Outrigger for the convinces of home and I’m glad I stayed there and can’t wait to return.

L Ferreira

Room Tip: Book early for the best rate, we had a room on the ground floor which was great for access to the po...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Marcoense
Matt S, General Manager at Palms at Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Aloha L Ferreira and Family.

This is certainly high praise and coming from a Travel Agent even adds more credibility to your words. We are appreciative of your ringing endorsement of our property as you were able to provide a very thorough review. Readers will appreciate your description of the distance to the beach, the size of the rooms, the room furnishings, and our unique situation with the a/c, the services that we offer and the added assistance of our concierge. You were also able to reflect very favorably on the relaxing environment that we offer here with our inviting lanai (all with their own BBQ) and our pool. We are so pleased that you noted all of these as we are thrilled when someone appreciates what we have to offer. We understand that we are not all things to all people, but for those who ‘enjoy more for less’ and especially if you have children, we know that we are a Great Place and we too look forward to your return.

Again, Mahalo for your ability to share your experience with the Trip Advisor readers.

Matt Swartz

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
Maui Coast Hotel
The Kapalua Villas, Maui
Mana Kai Maui
Mana Kai Maui
#3 of 61 in Kihei

Been to Palms at Wailea? Share your experiences!