“Great Family Vacation”

Ranked #2 of 62 Speciality Lodging in Kihei
Parksville, Canada
“Great Family Vacation”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is a bit long overdue. We travelled in December 2013, for 2 weeks, a family of 5: 2 adults, 3 children ages 7, 5, and 2. The buildings only have 2 floors so you're on in a sky rise like apartment/ condo. Upon arrival we were greeted at the front desk for check in and Manager was also there to welcome us. We spoke to the Manager and he informed us that he located us where he thinks it will suit our family with young children. We were located right around the corner from the front building, which overlooks right at the pool. The room was fantastic, 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, spacious living room and the deck was large enough that the 3 kids ran around it playing during the mornings. We didn't mind the noise from the pool, as people there were respectful and kept the noise to a minimum past 9pm. The walk to the pool was literally less than 30 steps away, which is a blessing when we have a 2 year old. They have BBQ areas all around the property and ours was right in front of our room. Literally 5 steps away. Parking was free and there were always parking spaces available in front of our building. The kids loved the pool, we brought a few toys & everyone was nice about it. There were lots of families which is nice; more advanced in age people who we were concerned it would bother but they chatted with the kids & didn't seen to mind at all. The front desk was super awesome in getting our family cabs to go out so the parents can have a drink or two. They had a woman there selling excursions & luau, which I highly recommend instead of booking something yourself if you have young kiddos. She helped me pick the best snorkeling excursion with just enough time so the youngest wasn't too tired. The Luau she helped picked was closer to our hotel so it wouldn't cost us too much to get there, it included meals & drinks and 2 of our kids were free.

Only thing I have to complain about is the kitchen: it's a little small (the fridge door when opened, spans to almost touching the sink counter, which is on opposite sides), the oven door when opened, spans to the opposite counter so you'd have to shift to the side.

All in all, it was such a wonderful experience, Aston Maui Hill really stands out in my mind. We hope to come back soon!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank DBab2014
Dennis C, General Manager at Aston Maui Hill, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Aloha and Mahalo Nui Loa (thank you very much) for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay with us to share with the Trip Advisor community. We are so gratified to receive your positive feedback about the amenities the resort offers, our spacious and well-appointed units, and above all, the warm aloha spirit we were able to convey to you and your family during your visit. The entire team here at the resort strives to provide a memorable vacation experience for all our valued guests, and we are so pleased to hear we were able to do so for you. We truly appreciate your business and we are honored to hear you would choose to stay with us again. Please contact me directly so that I may personally ensure your next visit is equally as enjoyable for you.

Sincerely, Dennis Costa, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
va
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Based on the reviews and my research, I was excited about my upcoming RCI exchange at Maui Lea at Maui Hill(part of Aston Maui Hill) until I actually drove up to my unit. It was very evident from the outside that this was an older property(1980s) and my suspicion was further confirmed when I entered the unit, which IMO, was very outdated. Having just spent a week at the Kona Coast Resort II(Big Island), which is also an RCI Gold Crown Resort like Maui Lea, I expected more updated finishes and furnishings.

To their credit, the resort has done some of the easy updates over the years and everything is in good working order. It was nice to have updated flat screen tvs, stereo, and small kitchen appliances. The bathrooms had also been updated at some point, but the bed linens and patio furniture hadn't in the unit I was in. Everything in the kitchen worked fine, but you won't find the larger appliances in stainless steel. There is no central air, just two AC units(one in the living room and one in the bedroom) on which you can set the temperature. I have to say, staying here was like staying at my parents' house, which is now 52 years old. There's nothing wrong with that, I just hadn't planned on staying at my parents for vacation.

I'm pleased to say that once I got a good nights sleep, the decor didn't bother me anymore. This is a very quiet resort that has well kept grounds. I had a one bedroom unit with an ocean view and two patios, one huge one off the living room and a smaller one off the kitchen/bedroom. It was really nice to have two bathrooms and the kitchen was better stocked than other timeshares I've stayed in. They even have a very impressive stemware collection and enough dinnerware, etc. for eight. There were also a few games and Hawaiian DVDs in the unit. Unfortunately, they don't have a restaurant on site but any type of food you could want is a quick drive or walk(if you feel industrious) down the street along with a number of beaches.

All in all, I had a great stay here. Hopefully, they will continue to update the property so that it comes into the 21st century.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank seetheworld600
Dennis C, General Manager at Aston Maui Hill, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Aloha and Mahalo (thank you) for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at the Aston Maui Hill Resort. We value all feedback from our valued guests in our constant striving to improve guest satisfaction, and your detailed comments are constructive and welcome. We are indeed an older established property, with the resulting benefit that we have many long-time owners and loyal returning guests who appreciate the comforts of the resort and the familiar feeling it affords of a home away from home, including many value-added benefits such as our weekly mai tai parties, a tennis court, shuffleboard court, pool, many barbecue grills, and especially our 24/7 friendly service that is beyond comparison on the island. Being an older property, we are constantly updating the resort to keep it competitive within the industry. In fact, we are currently undergoing a major refurbishment of all units, including painting, new carpeting, and new furniture, as we work with our owners to ensure we maintain our excellent reputation as a comfortable, well-equipped resort. We take great pride in our resort, and as such, we are so pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and that the intangible benefits of our charming, spacious property and the unparalleled aloha spirit the entire team here strives to provide was something you enjoyed while staying with us. We would welcome the opportunity to accommodate you again should you decide to return to our beautiful island in the future. Please contact me directly so that I may personally ensure your visit is positive and memorable.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 4 July 2014

After reading reviews on TripAdvisor for weeks, I chose Maui Hill due to it's location and pricing. Our family of 4 were extremely pleased with the size, decor, cleanliness and comfort of unit 88, which was a 2 bedroom/2 bath condo with a partial ocean view. The staff at the front desk and on the grounds were friendly and gave us privacy. The condo was fully equipped & it felt like home away from home. The grounds were beautifully landscaped; we woke up to the sound of song birds and smell of plumeria flowers. The unit had AC & fans in the 2 bedrooms & living room, great way to stay cool during the day & night. We enjoyed the sunset views and a notebook left by the owners who welcomed our comments, which personalized the place. We chose to stay in Kihei for it's small town feel, enjoyed the local beaches and restaurants. (We flew to Maui from Oahu, which was commercialized & crowded). We would have liked to check out the tennis & putting green, but there were too many other activities to do in our 3 day stay. We would definitely stay at Maui Hill again and highly recommend this condo especially for families. We also received a thank you from the general manager Dennis (who we did not meet while we were there) which was nice touch and made us feel like family.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view... it's worth the cost!
1 Thank Pam S
Dennis C, General Manager at Aston Maui Hill, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Aloha and Mahalo Nui Loa (thank you very much) for your detailed and complimentary review of your recent stay with us at the Aston Maui Hill Resort. We are so pleased to hear that we surpassed your expectations, as unparalleled guest satisfaction is the ultimate goal of the entire team here at the resort. I will be sure to pass along your very favorable comments to my team as well as to the owners of the unit you enjoyed so immensely. We are honored to receive your recommendation and to hear you would stay with us again. Please contact me directly so that I may personally greet you and ensure your next visit is every bit as wonderful for you and your family.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had a late check-in, no problems there since we had pre-paid for our stay. The guy manning the Front Desk, was nice and attentive. We were greeted in our room by a huge (dead, mind you) cockroach that was in the living room, otherwise, no complaints. The room was clean, it had a full kitchen, washer/dryer combination which was very convenient for our family. The only thing I found uncomfortable was that the A/C units' vents were positioned in a way that whoever sleeps on that side of the room has the air blowing in their face all night. The pool is pretty good. The location of this hotel is excellent, is in a less fancy part of Maui but about 10 minutes away from the upscale Wailea resorts and shops.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor, that way you can really have an ocean view
1 Thank 99Gabriela99
Dennis C, General Manager at Aston Maui Hill, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Aloha and Mahalo (thank you) for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at the Aston Maui Hill Resort to share with the Trip Advisor community. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, that you found our service attentive and welcoming, and the unit well-appointed and comfortable. Rest assured that had your concerns been brought to my attention during your stay, I would have had them addressed immediately to your satisfaction. We truly appreciate your business and your recommendation, and would welcome the opportunity to have you stay with us again should you decide to return to our beautiful island in the future. Please contact me directly so that I may personally ensure your next visit is entirely a positive and enjoyable one.
omaha
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We just got back from a 10 day stay in unit 79. It was a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo. It had everything we needed for our stay and were very happy with it. It was impeccably clean and nicely decorated. We ended up leaving 3 boogie boards in the closet. I hope they leave them there, it would be great to have them available. Everyone was very nice and helpful. We went to the meeting the first day to explain the activities and it was totally worth it. The pool was small but very adequate with a GREAT hot tub. The grounds were beautiful! When you arrive they will give you a paper for pictures by Patty Holbrook, take them! She's fun and takes great pictures and she is very reasonable. The only complaint I have is about the doors to the deck in the condo and the mattresses. The doors were really hard to lock and the mattresses were just ok.. It in no way hindered our trip and I would absolutely stay there again.

1 Thank Campbell1001
Dennis C, General Manager at Aston Maui Hill, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Aloha and Mahalo Nui Loa (thank you very much) for taking the time to write such a detailed and favorable review of your recent stay with us at the Aston Maui Hill Resort. As the entire team here shares a common goal of providing exceptional customer service and a memorable, enjoyable vacation experience for all our valued guests, we are so pleased to hear that we were able to do so for you and your family. Rest assured that had your concerns been brought to my attention during your stay, I would have had them immediately rectified to your satisfaction. We truly appreciate both your business and your recommendation of our resort, and are pleased to hear you would choose to stay with us again. Please contact me directly so that I may personally ensure we once again provide you with a wonderful vacation experience.
Monroe, New York
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Aston Maui Hill is a very nice property that is located near enough to shopping and activities. The grounds are beautiful with plenty of shrubs, trees and flowers that are well maintained. The pool is small, but also well maintained and after touring all day a great way to refresh and relax. There are barbeque grills around the grounds for guests use and they are cleaned regularly. A putting green for practicing your golf game that lots of the kids played with dad while we were there.
The units were large. We had a 1 bedroom with 2 baths. A full kitchen that had everything needed to make any meal you could want. A large dining area with an open space to the living area provided a nice atmosphere to eat the meal. The balcony was huge with ample seating to enjoy a drink and look at the scenery. The unit was clean and furniture in good condition.
Parking for our rental car was fine and we had no problem finding a spot when we returned each day from touring.
The staff was very nice and helpful. Check-in went smooth too. All in all a very good value resort that provided us with a nice memory.

Room Tip: upper floors have a cathedral ceiling giving a nice feeling of space and no one will be above to mak...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dennis C, General Manager at Aston Maui Hill, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Aloha and Mahalo Nui Loa (thank you very much) for your wonderful, detailed review of your recent stay with us at the Aston Maui Hill Resort. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and we truly appreciate your recommendation. It is guests like you who make our jobs here so worthwhile, and reinforce our commitment to provide an unparalleled positive vacation experience for all our guests. We would welcome the opportunity to have you stay with us again should you decide to return to our beautiful island in the future. Please contact me directly so that I may personally ensure we once again provide a memorable experience for you.

Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My family of 6 checked in on May 10 of this year and stayed a week. We had a 2 bedroom ocean view room are were all extremely happy with the condo. It was clean and had e very thing we needed. It certainly met all of our expectations. We were very happy with Dennis, the manager, who was very helpful and pleasant. If we return to Maui, we will stay here again!

Room Tip: Stayed at a second floor unit at the far end of the complex. I think it was unit 6
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Picventure
Dennis C, General Manager at Aston Maui Hill, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Aloha and Mahalo Nui Loa (thank you very much) for your positive review of your recent stay with us at the Aston Maui Hill Resort. As it is the goal of the entire team here to provide an enjoyable vacation experience for all our guests, we are so pleased to hear we were able to do so for you and your family. It is gratifying to hear you would stay with us again should you return to our beautiful island; please contact me directly so that I may personally ensure your next visit is every bit as wonderful for you.
Sincerely, Dennis Costa, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
Maui Coast Hotel
Aston Kaanapali Shores
Aston Kaanapali Shores
#13 of 32 in Lahaina
Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach

Been to Aston Maui Hill? Share your experiences!