“Island feel across from Charley Young Beach”
Review of Maui Vista Resort

Maui Vista Resort
Ranked #20 of 60 Speciality Lodging in Kihei
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I, and our fourteen year old son, stayed in 1220 from 05/20-05/27. The unit was decorated very cool, and had lots of things visitors could use besides dishes, etc... like chairs, and ice chest, and books about the island or hikes, and things like that. The AC and the washer and dryer were great. My son hooked up his video game to the flat screen tv. There was free WiFi that worked great. Charley Young Beach across the street is very nice and there are like three other beach parks right there waking distance too. All in all, Maui Vista was a great place with a great island feel and 1220 was a great unit with great island decorations and all the comforts and amenities of home too. We'd go back for sure.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank PakaWilson

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Felt encroached upon at every turn. Turned off the BBQ at 815 830. Changed the entire vibe of the evening. Management didn't give a flying squirrels care! Lost the appeal for the average visitor with family. Only upside... Location and $$$$

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Tounces2
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I was travelling alone for the first time, arrived late from Vancouver B.C.
Was happy to have had small flashlight on me, as key box was hard to read.
Condo was okay, the usual maui condo, not fancy, but had everything I needed.
Later the next day, I went to register at front desk. The lady was extremely rude,
I told me I needed my plate number from car, fair enough. As I went out to get it, she yelled as I was going out the door that she needed it. I came back later and gave it to her, then left.
She never gave me any instructions for pool, or parking pass I needed for car dash.
I didn't realise I needed it until there was tickets threatening to tow vehicle. As it was my first time alone, I was little unnerved to say the least. Also, had difficult time putting lock box back, you have to re enter code then hold button down while putting it back.
When my husband arrived a few days later, I had to drop something back there. I sent him in, so I didn't have to see that lady. My husband is a very easy going guy, and he said the same thing about her.
We travel to Maui at least twice a year, there are better places to stay. We had a beautiful villa on the golf course at Wailea after this, for almost same price.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank jill h
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed in condo 1421 for two weeks. After reading some of the reviews for Maui vista we realized there are some 'not so nice' units in this complex, but thankfully 1421 is not one of them. The pictures of the unit are accurate, and the place was even a bit bigger than I expected. The unit is a bit dated (aside from new kitchen), and could use some paint on baseboards, doors etc, but it was fine. No musty smell, like several people complained here. No bug issues. We hardly used AC but it worked well, even helped cool the back bedroom.

Best part: right across the road from an amazing beach!!!! The location of this complex is perfect. The beach is one of the nicest around. Also, walking distance to shops and restaurants. Some people complain about the road noise in building one, but this unit doesn't get that. We did get some noise from the BBQ area as the back bedroom is right above, but it never went on too late. Quiet hours seemed to be inforced.

The unit had boogie boards, sand toys, snorkel and fins, two beach chairs, beach umbrella, noodle. There were only two very sad beach towels, which could be improved upon. Also came with soaps (dishwasher, dish, laundry) shampoo, and some tp, which was a nice surprise. The vacuum lacked attachments making it difficult to clean while we were there, but it did suck unlike other places we've stayed at!

The unit was clean but not sparkling. There were lots of little dead flies behind furniture, like it was vacuumed but not very thoroughly. I also found a very dirty dish towel folded away in the towel drawer which was a turn off. Aside from that though I would not say it wasn't clean.

The complex is well kept. Bbqs are great but there might be a line up. Pools are small and we did notice evil eyes as soon as we entered the pool area with kids...... (Mentioned in reviews by others here). There are old miserable people reading books by the pool who clearly didn't want children around. My kids hadn't even opened their mouths yet and the looks started. So..... Not friendly at the pool. But, there are so many rules (no snorkels, no jumping, no flotation devices, no toys..... Etc) that you really don't want to bother with the pool when there's an amazing beach anyways! We visited twice for a very short period and that was enough.

Other comments that I read about Maui vista and can comment on; parking was never an issue, always found a spot. Fan in bathrooms does run constantly but it's not that loud like some people have complained, and I think it's a good idea to keep the place fresh!
Overall, I would go back here in a heart beat. The negative comments are just so you know, but were not enough to keep us from loving our vacation!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Moonshell
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed in unit 2317 for a week. When we arrived the lady at the front desk was not pleasant or helpful. Eventually we found out where the 2nd building was and found our unit. Unfortunately the pictures on the web appeared much better than the unit. Although the unit was clean it was outdated. It looked like the ceiling in the kitchen had some previous damage and the walls could do with some repairs in places. The refrigerator had stains on the outside though the inside was clean. One of the kitchen towels had holes in it as well. No barbecue utensils were provided. In the bathroom the shower had limited water pressure.

The building itself looks nice with tennis courts, an area to barbecue and a private pool. Lots of parking as well which was great with the beach a few minutes away across the road and with supermarkets and restaurants close by. The room has a nice tv with full range of channels, wi-fi, a safe to store your stuff and plates, mugs, utensils etc. it also has a dishwasher, washer, dryer, microwave, stove and refrigerator. Nice big bed, chest of drawers but this takes up the entire bedroom.

Overall pleasant place but I think some of the other units appear to be much nicer. We had just come from a great hotel in Oahu so our standards might have been high coming here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2014

When we arrived this unit 3105 it looked clean but smelled very strong of air freshener. As time went on the perfume smell wore off and a very musty smell became prominent. My biggest complaint would be the bathroom. The caulking around the toilet, tub and sink was very dirty and moldy as was the tile grout. These are simple maintenance issues that could be easily fixed and would make this unit much more pleasant. On the plus side, the location of this unit is ideal. The beach (Charley Young Beach) directly across the street is an awesome beach. The patio, although equipped with very old furniture, is open to the grassy area and just a few steps from the pool. The barbecues are just outside the front entrance. Shops and restaurants are within walking distance and the beautiful town of Wailea is just a short drive away. The condo is well equipped with everything you might need.

• Stayed: March 2014
5  Thank Debisell
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Generally speaking this is an excellent unit to stay in - we spent three weeks here and it became just like home to us. It was just as described on VRBO and the photos of the unit were accurate. It is nicely updated with ceramic tile throughout, granite countertops and a great tiled walk in shower. The bed was quite comfortable, but is is getting close to needing to be replaced. Lots and lots of nice bath towels, and great beach towels. The kitchen was well equipped, with everything except BBQ tools. We emailed the management company and they promptly delivered a new set to our door. Having a washer and dryer in the unit is very convenient for a longer stay. There was lots of beaching stuff - backpack chairs, boogie boards, beach umbrellas and beach toys, tennis racquets and coolers. Location is perfect, just across the street from Charlie Young Beach, and easy walking distance to lots of stores and restaurants in both directions. The living room couch and chair are due to be replaced, as they are quite saggy and uncomfortable, and the lanai chairs are pretty hard to sit in for long. Nice TV with DVD player, but no DVD's to watch. Also no beach or travel books in the unit, which is a bit unusual for this type of vacation rental. The AC and fans worked well, but we seldom used them, as the breezes blow through nicely. The complex is very pretty, and very well maintained. There are three buildings, each with its own pool, tennis courts and BBQ areas, and everything is well looked after. There could be more chairs and lounges at the pools, as there was often no place to sit or lay, so being at the pool was often not an option unless you sat on the pool deck on your towel.

Room Tip: Units in the buildings back from the street are quieter, but a bit farther to walk to the beach.