“The staff is awesome”

Kai Kanani Sailing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Kai Kanani Sailing Charters is the only South Maui charter to offer daily departures from Makena/South Maui. From this location, it only takes 15 minutes to sail to Molokini Crater, which means less time on the open water and more time snorkeling. With two snorkel trips daily to both Molokini and Turtle Town, Whale Watching Tours (late December through April) and romantic Sunset Champagne Sail three days a week, Kai Kanani is sure to make your vacation very memorable. Snorkel equipment, instruction, and select food/drinks are included in all snorkel tours. We have marine naturalists on-board, so you can learn more about all of the fascinating underwater life you see! We even have GoPro4 cameras available for rent on-board so you can capture all of the amazing memories you make. Staying in Wailea? Kai Kanani offers free Mercedes shuttle service from select Wailea Resorts.
Michigan
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“The staff is awesome”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I will preface my review with the fact that I went snorkeling on a boat in Barbados where there were only 12 people on it including myself and the three people I was with, so the amount of people (about 45) on this boat was a little crazy for my tastes.

Other than that, I did the morning snorkeling because it is supposed to get you out there before the other boats, and it absolutely did. We were the only boat at the Molokoni Crater while we were there and there is so much to see while you are snorkeling, tons of fish and the coral is beautiful.

The staff was super friendly and helpful, and they would be a reason just to go. They have plenty of gear for everyone and they even use this defog solution on the masks that works incredibly well.

Visited July 2014

• Korean first
Pittsburgh
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite adventure voted by our family!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

This snorkeling trip was a top highlight of our Maui trip. Our kids, 12 & 10, loved the boat ride & the easy to do snorkeling. I wasn't worried @ the ocean depths as there were boogie boards & flotation devices to use. The crew was friendly, helpful & funny. Take as little as possible as you need to stow it in the snug galley below. Be sure to use lots of sunscreen & recommend shirts to keep sun off of your backs. Saw sea turtles & tons of fish at the 2 spots. It was cool loading & unloading from the beach. Definite must do!

Visited August 2014
San Jose, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Snorkeling Trip”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We visited with our two teenagers, 13 and 17 and did the tour that went to Molokini and Turtle Town. The crew was very friendly and made us feel welcome. We loved our time at Molikini...saw a huge variety of sea life including an octopus and an eel. Turtle Town was fine and we loved the big turtle that swam around us for a bit, but we felt a bit claustrophobic with too many people in a small area. We would definitely come back with Kai Kanani!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Unforgettable”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We did both the molokini express and the sunset cruise. We really enjoyed both. I was nervous to snorkel and wasn't sure I would even get in the water but the crew made me very comfortable and offered - for lack of a better word - floaties to everyone. I think my husband was one of only a few who did not take one, which made me feel better. No one wants to be the only one wearing a floatie. Snorkel mask and fins were also provided. It is an exciting adventure where you'll see fish and the crew goes out with you and points out interesting or unusual wildlife that they find. They had juice and muffins/pastries on the boat for breakfast.

The sunset cruise was beautiful. They have Mai Tais and other drinks. You may even see dolphins!

I want to note that you will be boarding and exiting from the beach, meaning that you will get wet from the knees down. If the surf is rough you will need to hold your bag or purse above your head to keep it from getting wet. Men, you may want to consider taking your phone out of your pocket.

Visited October 2013
Parkland, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great for families with young kids! A must do in Maui...great crew!!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We just returned from Maui and we did many tours, with this being a very big highlight! We had 9 total people with us ranging from 9 months to 64 years old and all of us had a fantastic time. The crew on the Kai Kanani was AMAZING, and kept us all very informed and safe. The winds picked up and getting off the boat was more of a challenge but watching this crew in action helping young and old get to shore safely was just awesome. We saw several turtles, lunch was perfect and staff always had a smile and was happy to help. Would HIGHLY recommend the Kai Kanani Sailing Charter. We did the morning trip leaving from Makena Resort and my kids loved sitting on the netting on the ride out to the crater. Turtle town was really cool...saw plenty of turtles!

Visited July 2014