“Captain Claire had a blast!”

Kai Kanani Sailing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Kai Kanani Sailing Charters is the only South Maui charter to offer daily departures from Makena/South Maui. From this location, it only takes 15 minutes to sail to Molokini Crater, which means less time on the open water and more time snorkeling. With two snorkel trips daily to both Molokini and Turtle Town, Whale Watching Tours (late December through April) and romantic Sunset Champagne Sail three days a week, Kai Kanani is sure to make your vacation very memorable. Snorkel equipment, instruction, and select food/drinks are included in all snorkel tours. We have marine naturalists on-board, so you can learn more about all of the fascinating underwater life you see! We even have GoPro4 cameras available for rent on-board so you can capture all of the amazing memories you make. Staying in Wailea? Kai Kanani offers free Mercedes shuttle service from select Wailea Resorts.
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Thank you Captain Kerry for the simply amazing trip! It was so beautiful and the crew was truly spectacular! Highly recommend!!!! ❤️

Write a ReviewReviews (1,336)

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I am so glad we did this . It's very easy to get to the location . Food was good but the staff was great . We have 2 twin boys that are 8 and they has an easy time due to the professionalism of the staff. We saw so many fish and at least 3 turtles . Boat is very smooth so if you get motion sickness this is the trip to do . Well worth the $! I am so glad we did it .

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We did the Deluxe tour that left at 9 AM, this wasn't a get up early vacation day. Was nice boarding the boat from the beach, different from the way most tours board. Was a nice morning, and a fairly calm ride out to Molokini Crater for the snorkeling.
Once we got there, there was about a half dozen other tour boats there. A little crowded for my liking, but there was plenty of room for everyone. Snorkeling was okay, seen plenty of colored fish. After that it was on to Turtle Town.
Enjoyed observing the Turtles under water. There so slow and awkward on land, but very graceful in the water.
We then had lunch, Mai Tais & Local Beers on Tap, and Deli-Style food stuff as well.
Is a nice tour, large comfortable boat with bathrooms, would recommend it if you staying on the southwest side of Maui.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I will preface my review with the fact that I went snorkeling on a boat in Barbados where there were only 12 people on it including myself and the three people I was with, so the amount of people (about 45) on this boat was a little crazy for my tastes.

Other than that, I did the morning snorkeling because it is supposed to get you out there before the other boats, and it absolutely did. We were the only boat at the Molokoni Crater while we were there and there is so much to see while you are snorkeling, tons of fish and the coral is beautiful.

The staff was super friendly and helpful, and they would be a reason just to go. They have plenty of gear for everyone and they even use this defog solution on the masks that works incredibly well.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

This snorkeling trip was a top highlight of our Maui trip. Our kids, 12 & 10, loved the boat ride & the easy to do snorkeling. I wasn't worried @ the ocean depths as there were boogie boards & flotation devices to use. The crew was friendly, helpful & funny. Take as little as possible as you need to stow it in the snug galley below. Be sure to use lots of sunscreen & recommend shirts to keep sun off of your backs. Saw sea turtles & tons of fish at the 2 spots. It was cool loading & unloading from the beach. Definite must do!