“Hot Chocolate and a chat”

Haleakala Sunrise Concession Cart
Ranked #3 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Kula
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Stop by Crater Coffee & ENJOY your Haleakala Sunrise experience. Open at 3am for your Haleakala Sunrise needs. Serving quick & convenient coffee and food to-go. On the right, in the Kula Lodge parking lot. Look for our Concession Cart with the bright OPEN sign. Crater Coffee Cart is the ONLY stop on the way to the top!
Los Gatos, Ca
“Hot Chocolate and a chat”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We got a little inspiration on the way up to Haleakala at the coffee cart on the side of the road. What a nice surprise at 5am!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank wendall18

• Korean first
Crescent City
“This was our first stop!”
Reviewed 2 February 2013

What a relief when the coffee hut came in sight. Superb coffee and pastries, clean restrooms and safe off-road parking. It was my wife's birthday, so I treated. (As always!). We were very early, as we left Ka'anapali around 4:00 am. It sure made the rest of the drive up the mountain more enjoyable. Make sure you stop!

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank kamikaze316
Germany
“For sunrise at Haleakala, this is the only show in town!”
Reviewed 28 January 2013

My friends and I left our hotel in Kahalui around 4 am to make it to the summit of Haleakala Crater to watch the sunrise just before 7 am. All 4 of us were jonesin' for coffee, but everything is pretty much closed that early in the morning. Crater Coffee definitely has a corner on the market...the stand is open early to pick up on all those poor early-rising tourists looking for their morning pick-me-up! I was disappointed to find that the stand only serves drip coffee and that it was over $4 for a small/medium size cup. However, it was fantastic coffee, the service was superb, a tray full of coffee fixin's was available to us, and the owner, Mike, graciously gave us a cup of hot water for oatmeal we had brought with us. Mike regretfully explained that he wasn't able to serve espresso drinks because a private home owner nearby complained about the noise disturbing his peace and quiet.

If you don't have a coffee maker in your hotel/condo, this is definitely a must-do on your way to the crater summit.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank TwoSmallPotatoes
“Freeeeeeezing!!!”
Reviewed 15 January 2013 via mobile

.....but an awsome view!!!! And great place for a hiking trip after sunrise. Make sure you bring lots and lots and some more layers. And if possible blankets or a sleeping bag.

2 Thank wife_of_disaster
Summerside, Canada
“Made my morning!”
Reviewed 31 October 2012

First of all, I am NOT a morning person, so getting up at 4 am to see the sunrise, not super exciting for me! However, I did look forward to a nice cup of hot chocolate on the way up the mountain to get me going. When we arrived at Crater Coffee, we got more than coffee, hot chocolate and bagels, we were met by the friendliest person working!! He was super positive and kept telling us how much we'd enjoy the sunrise, and how getting up so early was worth it. It made a world of difference to a grumpy morning gal. Definitely skip McDonalds drive thru and stop at Crater Coffee!

• Visited October 2012