“Great location - Wonderful spa”

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 April 2011

This was my second trip to the Hyatt in Maui for a large group combination business/leisure trip. It is a beautiful resort in an excellent location with a wonderful spa. The service and staff were very nice. I specifically wanted to write about the spa experience. We had a couples' massage on the beach and then were able to use the spa relaxation room, whirlpool, sauna, steam room, etc. Nicholas (Nicco) was my massage therapist and was one of the best I've ever had anywhere. The spa staff were very friendly and always called me by name and remembered me even after I left and came back. I was very impressed with their attentiveness. The rooms at the hotel are very nice with lovely views. The restaurants and shops have everything you'd need while there. They run a very professional organization right down to the people who work in valet parking.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank allisondeanlove
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2011

Mahalo! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time at our hotel. It's good to hear you had such a great spa experience. Our spa personnel are great at making your treatment one to remember! We hope to welcome you back soon.

Chrissi R.- A Guest Relations Associate

Write a ReviewReviews (6,661)

Reviewed 15 April 2011

I was in Maui for my wedding and we stayed at this hotel for 7 days. The staff were great and were really accomodating. Since we had a large group staying at the hotel, we were able to get a group rate which was a couple hundred dollars cheaper than the published rate. We were in Hawaii during spring break time and I was a little worried that there would be little kids running around everywhere. To my surprise, this wasn't an issue at all.

The grounds at this hotel are beautiful. In my opinion, the hotel has the best grounds out of all of the hotels along that strip. The rooms were spacious, clean, and newly renovated. The beds were also really comfy. We had a mini fridge in our room which was also really nice.

We did attend the luau while we were there and I would say save your $100 and spend it on a massage. The food was luke warm and they had a cheesy guy who was hosting the whole thing. The highlight was the firedancer, but that was at the very end. I found myself really bored.

The pool area is awesome and they have a separate pool for the kids. The only restaurant I ate at was Umalu which was surprisingly really good. The food is overpriced, but that is the case everywhere in Maui. I also did go to the coffee bar in the lobby in the mornings. Coffee/lattes were good but I would suggest buying breakfast food at Safeway and eating in your room because bagels were $5.

This hotel is walking distance to Whaler's Village and there are several restaurants along the walkway that spans down to the Sheraton.

Also, the gym is really great! All of the machines had TV's and they also had fitness classes.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2011
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2011

Mahalo! I am so happy you chose us to spend your special day with. Thank you for recommending our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 14 April 2011

The Hyatt in Maui was a beautiful resort with amazing food! The beaches were very nice and the location was great. I loved the spa there. It was a very relaxing trip! The luau was lots of fun!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2011

I was very fortunate growing up and travelled the world with my parents ... this was by fair the most beautiful resort I have been at. The landscaping is spectacular!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Customer Service Representative at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2011

Dear Shennine:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa. I'm happy to hear how much you enjoyed the surroundings of the hotel. It is a beautiful property with lots of different greenery. Hopefully, we are able to welcome you back again!

Nick B. - Customer Service Representative

Reviewed 5 April 2011

We spent a week at this resort in the end of April. The location and grounds are magnificent. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The food at all of the resturants is good but not cheap, but it is inline with what you would expect for Hawaii.
Everything is very clean and well kept and the stay was just a pleasure. The only items keeping us from rating this a five is the rooms could use some slight TLC. Some of the wallpaper seams are loose as an example. We had some issues with the TV reception that was fixed but it took a couple of calls.
Our biggest negitive is the size of the pools and the associated pool area. Because this facility can hold the number of people that it can, the chairs in both the pool areas are on top off one another. Our group had 500 people as an example, and at the high times for the pool, there were not enough lounge chairs and the ones they had are literly inches apart.
This was not a big deal for us because everyone knew each other. But if I was a family visiting and had to be this close to a group of strangers, it would feel like Coney Island.
Dont let this stop you from going. It was the only slight negitive that we had in a very positive stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2011

Beautiful hotel.....amazing lobby and landscaping! Ocean views from the Swan Court breakfast area are breathtaking. Friendly staff...would definitely stay again!!

Room Tip: Book well in advance to get ocean front room!
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2011

Thank you for your warm and positive comments about Hyatt Regency Maui. We appreciate your insights and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 March 2011

I am in the Hyatt Maui right now. It's my 1st day here. I am writing this review in the room. I am going to stay here for 3 nights for my honeymoon since tonight, but we are not satisfied about the Hyatt.

When checking in, we were told that $25 resort fee is required for EVERYONE! I was not told about this before and after booking. I cannot find the information on their web site. We have NO CHOICE for the resort fee. I don't think it's reasonble.

And, the room is facing ... parking lot!! Besides, our room is UNDER the lobby! We are in level 1 and lobby is in level 2. Face to parking lot and lower than lobby!? Are you kidding me?

And, actually, TV is useless unless you pay for it. We need to pay for most activities in Hyatt. The most horrible part is, I saw some reviews here and they said the snacks are located above weight sensitive machine?! After seeing the reviews, I saw our snacks, and found it seems that they are truly above some kinds of weight sensitive machine! We might touch some snacks before seeing the review. Now, we are worrying about being charged. Overall, we feel like, we would be charged for almost EVERYTHING and the quality of rooms is not so good. It's just OK. Don't have higher expectation for the Hyatt, or you'll be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kaichih_Hu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui
Royal Lahaina Resort
Royal Lahaina Resort
#18 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!