Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
US$466
US$439
US$388
  • Pool
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$308
US$376
US$1,450
US$1,351
  • Beachfront
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$264
getaroom.com
Aina Nalu(Lahaina)
No availability for your dates from our partners
6,978 results
All reviewsswan courtatrium towerour honeymoonbreakfast buffetswim up barexotic birdsself parkingresort feewalk in closetpool areawhalers villagelahaina towerkaanapali beachpartial ocean viewmaui resortocean frontkids pool
Reviewed 3 June 2012

My husband spent 8 nights at the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort in May and had a fabulous time! The location and service were absolutely wonderful. The Hyatt is the most beautiful property on Kaanapali Beach.

We are seasoned travelers who have had the opportunity to stay at several 5 star resorts and I would say this ranks very high (even though this is considered a 4 star resort). Maybe the rooms are a little dated - but, for the price and service - we really felt like we got away and indulged. We loved the spa, gym and walking path to Whalers Village (Hula Grill was good), But, most of all - we loved the views from the hotel (great from every spot in the hotel).

Negative comments I have read from other posts -

Luau - We did go to Sounds of the Pacific Luau which was more for families with children. (I would rather spend my $ on a nice dinner with a good bottle of wine - but, it was well done).

Parking - We had a compact car and never had a problem - we valet parked the first night because we got in late (which I recommend).

Rooms - Clean - comfortable - a little dated - but, the views are beautiful (and much more reasonable than some other hotels like the Ritz etc.). We got the triple A rate - and breakfast which was a nice perk.

Lack of beach - not a problem - we rented a cabanna a few days - hung out at the spa a few days and the rest of the time, we hung out at the pool. The beach by the spa is quiet which was nice (we rented a chair for $5.00). FYI, some of the other hotels had better beach front - but, it appeared most hung out the pool anyway.

1  Thank danacaryindc
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I recently spent 5 nights at the Hyatt with my husband. We actually came on a travel zoo discount deal and were very happy. The lobby was really pretty—actually one of the prettiest along the strip of resorts that are right next to each other. We had an ocean view room that was really nice. The room was very clean and appeared to be upgraded. We had a 2 for 1 breakfast buffet special which was really nice. The atmosphere at the swan where they serve breakfast is really lovely. It overlooks a big waterfall and a lot of their wildlife. They do have several penguins, parrots, flamingos and swans that are really nice. They also have several stores on the premises that stay open late in case you forget something. The pool was great and lots of areas to go. If you have kids, they have a really nice kids area that is shallow and has a sand box.
The staff overall was really nice. The concierge is quite pushy about their nightly luau but that seems to be a common theme no matter where you go in Hawaii. My only other complaint with the hotel is the poolside dining service is not the best. They seemed to be understaffed and we never got waited on. With that said, once I complained we did get a comped lunch so that was good.

If you have a chance to reserve one of the cabanas, especially upon online reservations where you can reserve in advance, it’s worth it if you know you will be down by the pool for a full day. If you like to be in shade, it can be difficult to find an umbrella sometimes so my husband liked having a cover for the day. We got it for cheaper than if we had booked once we got there.

Overall, I would stay there again. It was a really nice place. Free self-parking that is close and close driving distance to many things. Also, the restaurants on the premise had great food!

Room Tip: ocean view was really nice
2  Thank AngyWarhol
cld6784, Manager at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Dear AngyWarhol:
Thank you for taking the time to go out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the hotel including our Cabana Service. We appreciate your feedback regarding our pool side service and concierge team - we have shared this with our Management Team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to our resort again.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

My husband and I finished up the last 4 days of our 9 day honeymoon at the Hyatt Maui. Upon arrival, we were greeted with the car parking staff who immediately assisted us with our car and luggage & had it stored while we checked in. The reception staff were super nice & welcomed us in a way that we will never forget! Complimentary leis and a cute photo album for our pictures.
Pros:
The lobby of the hotel is amazing, filled with exotic birds & penguins! I love penguins so that made my day! I went by every morning to watch them for a few minutes. The birds are very talkative & on the last day the one at the front was extremely loud....I think he was having a bad bird day, but nonetheless, it made me laugh.
The concierge personelle we talked to, Ally, was so nice and assisted us with booking a snorkeling excursion (Lahaina Divers = amazing!) and recommended several restaurants for dinner (Paradise Grill at the hotel entrance is very tasty with great drink prices!!) and since we wanted to experience a luau, while the hotel itself offers one, recommended The Feasts of Lele (phenomenal luau!). While she lives in Hawaii, it's nice to know that southern hospitality still exists when you move away from your home, southern state! Kudos to you, Ally!!
Our room was fantastic & clean. We had a view of the garden that housed black & white swans, flamingos and tons of other ducks, birds and exotic fish.
The pool area was great! The slide definitely added a special touch and will bring out the kid in you time and time again. I was even asked to judge a splash contest & received a complimentary drink in return, which was nice since the drinks were $12 a piece (con). However, they did have 2 happy hours that we definitely took advantage of whenever we were there during that time. I found it cheaper (and allowed..at least we weren't told otherwise) to bring your own alcohol (beer/spirits) to the pool (check the cons).
Cons:
There weren't many...but the few that I have really ticked me off.
This one isn't such a big deal, however, one of the balcony doors rattled all night long when it was very windy some nights...yes I know the hotel can't control mother nature, but they should check their doors from time to time.
The drinks at the bar are no cheaper than $12 per drink and are very weak! My advice, bring your own & save your money!
Now to the big time ticked-me-off: While waiting to get a drink and waiting and waiting, I was overlooking the menu to view the options and finally the bartender comes over..not to take my drink order, but to RIP the menu out of my hands and turn away from me!! He finally turned back and asked me "what do you want?!" I should have walked away and complained to a manager, but I wasn't in a complaining mood that day. So I told him "what I wanted." What a jerk.

Other than that, we had a wonderful honeymoon & really enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt Maui. Mahalo to all the staff that was so nice to us & helped make our stay that much more enjoyable!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank anwallace9821

Dear anwallace9821:
Thank you for taking a quick moment to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa. It sounds like you really enjoyed the pool and wildlife as well as the Happy Hour's the resort offers. We will share with our Concierge Team the fantastic comments about Ally.

We appreciate your feedback regarding our beverage prices and the bartender you experienced at the pool side restaurant. Please know that we are investigating this. Hopefully if you return to Maui, you can utilize this area. We hope to welcome you back for another stay in the future!

Reviewed 30 May 2012

I have stayed at this property a few times, and it was always good but not great. This stay was GREAT. The staff was wonderful, the remodel was very attractive, and even the painting and other maintenance they were doing was very unobtrusive. One of the management there even took the time to email me a couple of weeks before our arrival to assure us that the painters wouldn't be in our part of the building during our stay.

The Expedia concierge was wonderful in booking my golf, and even made the rounds among those relaxing in the cabanas and around the pools, just to make sure that everyone knew she was there for them. The Regency Club staff was absolute Aces.

THAT is FIVE star service, which is why THIS was a FIVE star stay. If I had only one small quibble, it is that the exercise room overlooks the ocean, but is closed to its soothing breezes and sounds. Still the best hotel workout room I have been in.

Also, water pressure and temperature, which had previously been issues at the end of the Napili tower, are definitely NOT an issue any more. The painting of the hotel has caused what I hope is the temporary removal of the myriad beautiful flower boxes on the inside balconies of the Atrium tower. The Dessert buffet in the RC room put about 2 pounds on each of us. And though we are all on diets, that is NOT a complaint. :)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We just spent 5 nights here and Really enjoyed. The hotel landscape is just amazing. The Asian style garden is great with nice waterfalls, bridges and flamingo and swans. The view of ocean is awesome! Love the sunset view. We stayed in partial ocean view and that exactly lives to my expectation of half the ocean, half the mountain view. The kids pool is a lot of fun for children. Only problem is the swimming pool side is really crowded with chairs side by side. Seems you need to be really early to get a good seat. We are busy going out so didn't try. The location is great and very convenient to both shopping and great kaanapali beach. Also surrounded by golf course which is just beautiful. And the service is great. I had a little problem of my bath tub cleaning and they called the next day to apologize and gave a basket of treat which is very sweet. I feel they do care for the clients' satisfaction. One last thing, I love the ancient sculptures they place all over the hotel, specially those jade Buddhas, very oriental and peaceful.

Room Tip: Higher floor have better view
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family