Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Kaanapali Alii(Lahaina)
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)
6,918 results
All reviewsswan courtatrium towerour honeymoonbreakfast buffetswim up barexotic birdsself parkingresort feewalk in closetpool areawhalers villagelahaina towerkaanapali beachpartial ocean viewmaui resortocean frontkids pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

We checked in on November 4th and were initially happy we had returned to this property. As time went on we realized they had started charging many non disclosed fees for things. The last time we stayed self parking was free. Now it is 14.00 a day. There is also a 25 dollar a day resort charge we were aware of but doesn't cover things like "sitting on a chair on the beach". I took my 6 year old down to dig in the sand and sat on a lounge chair. Within minutes an employee came over to tell me that the chairs are rental only at $40.00 a day. This is insane.
Also food at the resort is outrageously expensive. A soft drink is $6.00.
The rooms are dated and the cleanliness level is not great.
Our HBO never worked (minor issue) but the front desk repeatedly said they would fix it and didn't. Some of the staff here like Kanani, is excellent!! Some are rude and not helpful.
Will we stay here again? Not likely.

Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank Kate L
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Maui is great and much more relaxed than Oahu. Same said for staff here. But Package bookings don't expect a lot You get the worst view overlooking timeshare Constructuon. However the staff still tried their best to upgrade us.
We spent 3 days exploring maui so we didn't spend alot of time in the room.
Hotel is way north so staying central would save more time.
Drive around maui took 2 hours north and 4 hours south.
Nice hot tub by pool. The beach was small but safe. Would bring our kids here.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

We booked a 6 night stay here and left after our first night. My husband and I were celebrating our honeymoon and were pretty annoyed from the second we got on property. We waited on line for 25 minutes to check in. However, the front desk staff was very pleasant and friendly.

This was our last stop from 2 other islands. The other 2 hotels we stayed at in Oahu and Kauai were gorgeous and we were treated like royalty.

We got to our room and it was very sad. The room was dark and old. The bathroom was tiny and everything just looked so old and outdated. We had to ask the housekeepers to clear the drain as the drain was clogged in the shower. In addition, i must have killed 5 ants while I was brushing my teeth. We paid $400 a night and was extremely disappointed. We understand that accommodations are very expensive in Maui, but $400 a night was a complete rip off for this property. In addition, there was a $25 per day resort fee!

We were willing to settle with the old rooms as the property was beautiful. However, i made the decision to leave when we got to the beach and pool. We had to pay $40 a day to rent beach chairs! We stayed at 3 other hotels during our stay in Hawaii and none of the other hotels charge for beach chairs. Not only that, all the chairs by the pool were on top of each other. No exaggeration, the person sitting next to me had to get up out of their chair so I can get up. From that point on, I went on my phone and immediately booked another place in Wailea. We were so happy we made the switch. I didn't want to ruin my last week of our honeymoon. This was the first time in my life making a last minute change at a hotel.

With all that's said, I do not want to discount some of the staff people. As we were making our change and doing an early check out, the front desk staff was very understanding and accommodating. He was extremely helpful and didn't make a big deal of the situation. I really appreciated his professionalism and empathy.

• Stayed: November 2013
6  Thank BYSuss
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

• Stayed: November 2013
4  Thank BYSuss
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Our company held a conference at the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa about a week ago. I couldn't ask for any better scenery for a conference. The hotel is right on the water and the hotel was open enough so you could enjoy the tropical location. Most of my time was spent in the conference area which had a breeze way between the meeting rooms that allowed you to look at the ocean. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. During free time, the pool was for luxurious and was great for relaxing. Chairs seem to fill up fast but you can usually find a spot to camp out for an hour or two. There's a 'boardwalk' that goes from the Hyatt to Whalers Village which was an excellent stroll at night. I also used this in the morning to go for an early jog.

Room Tip: If going for a meeting or conference, you will want to stay in the Lahaina tower.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business