“Maui Hyatt Regency = Amazing!”

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
GreenLeadersSilver level
Menomonie, Wisconsin
“Maui Hyatt Regency = Amazing!”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

The Hyatt Regency Resort and Spa was an amazing hotel!
We had a beach/pool front view. The air conditioning worked great! We enjoyed the comfy robes and the extremely comfortable beds.
The pool was very beautiful. We wished the big slide would have been working but still enjoyed the pool. Spent most of our time soaking up the sun on the uncrowded beach right in front of the hotel.
The lounge space is huge and the multiple bars are great!
Must try the guacamole - best ever!

Beautiful resort in a beautiful town on a beautiful island :)

Room Tip: Get an ocean front view!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tara M
HyattGuestRelations, A Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Maui. I am thrilled to learn hope much you enjoyed your stay. It is wonderful that you were able to take advantage of the beautiful days, and enjoy the sunshine. It is great that you not only had a view of the water and pool, but you enjoyed it so much you spent most of your stay there. I am thrilled that you found the air conditioning to be at a satisfying temperature, and our beds to be extremely comfortable. It is fantastic that you had an opportunity to try out or lounge, and bars; and that you enjoyed them so much. The Guacamole is tasty; it is one of my favorites. Thank you for all of your kind words, and I very much hope we will be able to welcome you back on your next visit to Maui.

Allie H.- A Guest Relations Associate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,344)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I was very much looking forward to a great stay with wonderful service. Upon driving into the property I was very put back by the Valet service. I'm a Diamond member (What a first bad impression!) Valet guy (Lowell) had told me I cannot park and leave my car while I check in. I had asked I wanted to see if my room was ready. Lowell answered I told you once before you have to park in the self parking. His attitude is not Hyatt standard. He was very arguementive in every way possible. They was no way he would allow me to do what I had intended to do. I approached the desk where a lady was in the booth (Janice). I asked her to speak to a manager, her reply was what is this regarding. I explained her my situation only to get a reply from her as the guy in the brown shirt runs the driveway and he'll tell you were to park. The guy in the brown shirt was Lowell. By this time I had enough and just wanted to check in. I then went back to my car and drove down the driveway and walked 1/4 mile up the drive to check in. I must say check-in was wonderful. I had such a great check in with Steve. He was very informative and took great care of us. I then had the pleasure of running into Alan Farwell in the lobby as I was strolling through. Talk about night and day with the Valet and front desk service. Lowell need to know he does not run the driveway! Janice needs to call upon a manager when asked! Training is needed badly at Valet. Some discipline should be done with those employees who don't meet Hyatt standards!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Great property, nice landscaping, friendly staff, and an amazing beach. We stayed with a toddler in an ocean front suite and it was a great experience. The only complaint is the toddler pool is not temperature controlled and hence it was too cold for our 17-month old daughter.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank SFBizandFamilytravel
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa. Despite the cold temperature in the toddler pool, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed very much our property for its nice landscaping, friendly and great staff, and the amazing beach. Please be assured that both your concerns and your appreciation were forwarded to the Executive management team at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you in the near future.

Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

We booked a room with "obstructed view" through hotels.com from 16 to 21 of february of 2014. When we got there we had the terrible surprised that not only the hotel had a construction in its right side but also our room (our view) was directly to the construction!!! We checked the web page and did not appear in any place this condition so we went to the lobby to have an explanation for the situation. Finally they gave us another room (with the conditions that we pay for) but without king bed and with a wet rug. Anyway, we did not want more troubles but we got the sensation that these guys do not take very seriously their clients. If I go again I would not choose hyatt for staying: expensive and bad service.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank soledad l
HyattMauiGirl, Manager at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Aloha Soledad I and thank you for your review of the booking process. While we haveshared with our Online Travel Partners that Obstructed View is "overlooking the adjacent land under construction" - there are times where the full description is not displayed. It looks like that has been resolved between the website and your stay. I hope your overall memory of our beautiful Maui is a great one and we hope to be able to serve you in the future. A Hui Hou!
Ukiah, Ca
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I arrived in Maui last week and by the time we got to the Hyatt Regency we were tired but eagerly anticipating our Hawaiian vacation. At check in, we had an unfortunate situation develop with a couple of inconsiderate valet attendants which left me angry and shaken. The front desk was very kind and helped me regain what little cool I had left. This was nice, but the bellman, Russell, was amazing. He spent time with us, to show us our room and the hotel, and talked with us like an old friend. We immediately felt at home in the hotel and felt like our holiday had finally started. He even had a card and a gift box delivered to our room. The hotel itself has a new wing under construction so things are a bit unsettled, but it remains the most beautiful on Maui. Outside a couple valet attendants the staff was fantastic. The restaurants inside are also very good and the view is unparalleled. So thank you Hyatt Regency for treating us so well. And thank you Russell for being our hero.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ukiahdds
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa. It is always a pleasure to hear that the hard work and commitment of our bellman, Russell was instrumental in making you feel home and not at the hotel. Please be advised that your appreciation was forwarded to our Executive management team at the hotel and that the staff will be commended for their efforts during your stay. Hope to welcoming you in the near future.

Arcata, California
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

This a nice resort with a few flaws and is only "average" when compared to other luxury resorts.

Maui is probably my favorite island. It is a nice balance between the rural beauty of Kawaii and the crowds of Oahu. The Hyatt Regency is in West Maui along a stretch of beach in Kaanapali where the resorts line up like tweens to a One Direction concert. They literally stretch for miles and the Hyatt is the southernmost resort of the collection. All of this means there is a lot to do within a short walk or drive but it can also feel a little crowded at times. Those looking for a quieter stay may want to consider the Wailea resort area to the south.

The resort features the kind of lush, manicured, tropical grounds one expects from a hotel at this level plus a collection of exotic birds including penguins and flamingos. The centerpiece is the pool with many waterfalls, a cave, a sandy (gravely) children's area and a fun, fast water slide that will please even the bigger kids.

The food was good and somewhat reasonably priced for a resort though first timers will still suffer some sticker shock.

Service was exceptional and one really felt welcome. The few issues we had were resolved quickly and management followed up to make sure we were happy with the results.

The weakness of this facility are the rooms. Our deluxe ocean view room not only felt small, but was plain compared to other "luxury" resorts we have visited. Worse, the beds were not comfortable.

The other awkward element is the almost ever-present time share salesperson. They are literally everywhere and though they are not overbearing their presence distracts from the overall experience.

This resort gets enough right to make it worth considering, particularly for a family with young children but if you decide on Kaanapali for your holiday shop other resorts too.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank bmp68
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We had a wonderful 6 nights at the Hyatt Regency in Maui. The oceanfront location is gorgeous, the views are spectacular, and the swimming and water sports in the area were perfect for a family. The hotel staff was very friendly, helpful, and accommodating. The Regency Club staff were all especially lovely and kept the busy club running smoothly. The fitness center is very well-equipped and is oceanfront so you can watch the whales also as you work out, if it is light outside. We did not visit the spa.
It is easy to walk down the beach to enjoy the snorkeling in front of the spa area, and a very nice long beach walk the opposite way to enjoy the waves and boogie boarding near where the surfing lessons are being taught. The paddle boarding was fantastic, on a calm day the water is lovely and clear, you can see the coral and enjoy the sea turtles! Whale watching from the beach and your balcony (if high enough and ocean facing!) is amazing too. Swimming was better down the beach, but you could refresh with a dip just in front of the hotel.
We had the added benefit of enjoying an oceanfront cabana, which was a bonus as placing towels on pool deck chairs wasn’t something we were interested in doing at 6am as were some others (usually saw them placing towels on my way to the fitness center). At least the pool staff tags chairs and notes the time on the empty ones to make them available if no one shows up for a period of time; this helps as the pool area is very crowded.
We went to Drums of the Pacific Luau one evening-the remodeled area is great, the food was excellent, the staff very attentive and gracious, but the show was spectacular! Don’t miss it if this is your first time to the island-always fun to see an incredible performance of Polynesian dance from all of the islands of the pacific.
Japengo was delicious-the service was phenomenal and the sushi and sashimi very good. Highly recommend dining here. What is not to love about ocean breezes while you dine also? All in all, we loved our stay and who wouldn't when you can leave winter behind?

Room Tip: Ocean view-higher floor so you can whale watch!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank allygirl60
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa. It is always a pleasure to hear that everything was spectacular from the Oceanfront location to the water sports to the Regency Club staff and the well-equipped fitness center making your stay more comfortable and enjoyable. Your positive appreciation was forwarded to the Executive management team at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you back in the near future.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
The Westin Maui Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa
The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
Andaz Maui At Wailea
Royal Lahaina Resort
Royal Lahaina Resort
#19 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!