“Stayed for conference and R&R”

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

This is our second stay here. The hotel has great facilities and you cannot beat walking a few steps and being in contact with the Pacific Ocean. The property is kep beautifully. The ocean viewing rooms are worth the extra cost. The employee that made sure our room was always neat was amazing. She is true ambassador for Hawaii and the hotel. Recommend without any reservations.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank David R
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you for choosing to spend another stay in Maui at our resort! I am so happy to hear that you had yet another fantastic experience. It sounds like you found your ocean view room to be beautifully appointed. I will be sure to share your praise regarding the outstanding service by housekeeping with our Housekeeping Manager. Your continued loyalty and recommendation are truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa in the near future. Mahalo!

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate

Write a ReviewReviews (6,657)

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We visited the first week in Feb. & had oceanfront room. The room was clean but certainly showing age.Checking in was very smooth but I could see where there could be issues because of lack of help assigned. We had no wait though.
The pool area can be crowded,but you expect that at a resort.We reserved a cabana for a day.
I highly recommend that if you want to be spoiled.Fresh, chilled fruit in a mini fridge, pitcher of ice water, ceiling fan & personal food service.
The breakfast buffet was very good & they mixed up the food day to day so not to serve the same thing continuously.
We used valet parking but if you want to save 6$ per day the self parking lot is quite a walk & often very full.
Overall it appears all the hotels on Kaanapaali are on the old side so if you want newer you should check out Wailea.
Golf courses very close to the property. I highly recommend the Kai course for the amazing views.
We are more used to the 5 star hotels in Las Vegas but the Hyatt was very satisfactory considering its age.All employees we dealt with were very friendly & courteous. If you have a rental car be sure to check out Lahaina. A lot of cool shops and places to eat just a short drive away.(Hard Rock Cafe was very good)

Room Tip: Ask to be away from construction. Oceanfront rooms have a killer view
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Phil B
Reviewed 3 March 2014

The Hyatt Regency Resort and Spa was an amazing hotel!
We had a beach/pool front view. The air conditioning worked great! We enjoyed the comfy robes and the extremely comfortable beds.
The pool was very beautiful. We wished the big slide would have been working but still enjoyed the pool. Spent most of our time soaking up the sun on the uncrowded beach right in front of the hotel.
The lounge space is huge and the multiple bars are great!
Must try the guacamole - best ever!

Beautiful resort in a beautiful town on a beautiful island :)

Room Tip: Get an ocean front view!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tara M
HyattGuestRelations, A Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Maui. I am thrilled to learn hope much you enjoyed your stay. It is wonderful that you were able to take advantage of the beautiful days, and enjoy the sunshine. It is great that you not only had a view of the water and pool, but you enjoyed it so much you spent most of your stay there. I am thrilled that you found the air conditioning to be at a satisfying temperature, and our beds to be extremely comfortable. It is fantastic that you had an opportunity to try out or lounge, and bars; and that you enjoyed them so much. The Guacamole is tasty; it is one of my favorites. Thank you for all of your kind words, and I very much hope we will be able to welcome you back on your next visit to Maui.

Allie H.- A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I was very much looking forward to a great stay with wonderful service. Upon driving into the property I was very put back by the Valet service. I'm a Diamond member (What a first bad impression!) Valet guy (Lowell) had told me I cannot park and leave my car while I check in. I had asked I wanted to see if my room was ready. Lowell answered I told you once before you have to park in the self parking. His attitude is not Hyatt standard. He was very arguementive in every way possible. They was no way he would allow me to do what I had intended to do. I approached the desk where a lady was in the booth (Janice). I asked her to speak to a manager, her reply was what is this regarding. I explained her my situation only to get a reply from her as the guy in the brown shirt runs the driveway and he'll tell you were to park. The guy in the brown shirt was Lowell. By this time I had enough and just wanted to check in. I then went back to my car and drove down the driveway and walked 1/4 mile up the drive to check in. I must say check-in was wonderful. I had such a great check in with Steve. He was very informative and took great care of us. I then had the pleasure of running into Alan Farwell in the lobby as I was strolling through. Talk about night and day with the Valet and front desk service. Lowell need to know he does not run the driveway! Janice needs to call upon a manager when asked! Training is needed badly at Valet. Some discipline should be done with those employees who don't meet Hyatt standards!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Great property, nice landscaping, friendly staff, and an amazing beach. We stayed with a toddler in an ocean front suite and it was a great experience. The only complaint is the toddler pool is not temperature controlled and hence it was too cold for our 17-month old daughter.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SFBizandFamilytravel
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa. Despite the cold temperature in the toddler pool, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed very much our property for its nice landscaping, friendly and great staff, and the amazing beach. Please be assured that both your concerns and your appreciation were forwarded to the Executive management team at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you in the near future.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We booked a room with "obstructed view" through hotels.com from 16 to 21 of february of 2014. When we got there we had the terrible surprised that not only the hotel had a construction in its right side but also our room (our view) was directly to the construction!!! We checked the web page and did not appear in any place this condition so we went to the lobby to have an explanation for the situation. Finally they gave us another room (with the conditions that we pay for) but without king bed and with a wet rug. Anyway, we did not want more troubles but we got the sensation that these guys do not take very seriously their clients. If I go again I would not choose hyatt for staying: expensive and bad service.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank soledad l
HyattMauiGirl, Manager at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Aloha Soledad I and thank you for your review of the booking process. While we haveshared with our Online Travel Partners that Obstructed View is "overlooking the adjacent land under construction" - there are times where the full description is not displayed. It looks like that has been resolved between the website and your stay. I hope your overall memory of our beautiful Maui is a great one and we hope to be able to serve you in the future. A Hui Hou!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

My wife and I arrived in Maui last week and by the time we got to the Hyatt Regency we were tired but eagerly anticipating our Hawaiian vacation. At check in, we had an unfortunate situation develop with a couple of inconsiderate valet attendants which left me angry and shaken. The front desk was very kind and helped me regain what little cool I had left. This was nice, but the bellman, Russell, was amazing. He spent time with us, to show us our room and the hotel, and talked with us like an old friend. We immediately felt at home in the hotel and felt like our holiday had finally started. He even had a card and a gift box delivered to our room. The hotel itself has a new wing under construction so things are a bit unsettled, but it remains the most beautiful on Maui. Outside a couple valet attendants the staff was fantastic. The restaurants inside are also very good and the view is unparalleled. So thank you Hyatt Regency for treating us so well. And thank you Russell for being our hero.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ukiahdds

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa. It is always a pleasure to hear that the hard work and commitment of our bellman, Russell was instrumental in making you feel home and not at the hotel. Please be advised that your appreciation was forwarded to our Executive management team at the hotel and that the staff will be commended for their efforts during your stay. Hope to welcoming you in the near future.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui
Royal Lahaina Resort
Royal Lahaina Resort
#18 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!