I've stayed here twice only a month apart. Unfortunately, I didn't get to take advantage of most of the amenities, since I was in Maui on personal business. Both times we booked an obstructed view king room (construction site right next door with another tower going up). The first time, both couples in our group got upgrades to ocean view rooms. Wow! The view was amazing! Our upgrade was to the Regency floor, so we got free continental breakfast each morning. The food was fresh and delicious. On our second stay we got upgraded to a mountain view. Not nearly as nice as the ocean view, but still pretty. Could have done without the highway view and the room was right next to the elevator, but it wasn't bad. I did miss the sound of the waves crashing, though.
Both trips we had drinks and apps at Umalu. Both times it was very busy. The first time we sat at the bar and the service was fast enough. The second time we sat in the restaurant area. The service was sloooooow. In our server's defense, she got stuck with several large groups, but it was still pretty bad. The food and drinks were good, though.
On the trip without free continental breakfast, we got coffee and fresh fruit at Halona Kai. Very fast service, Starbucks coffee menu and the man working there was the perfect mix of friendly and efficient.
In total, I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially for travelers who have time to slow down and enjoy it more. (The luau looked really cool, too!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 40 oceanfront acres on Ka'anapali Beach, this AAA 4-Diamond award-winning resort is an authentic Hawaiian experience set in tropical paradise. Each of 806 guestrooms, including 31 renovated suites, affords Hawaiian elegance with private lanais and panoramic views. Amenities include oceanfront spa, 24-hour athletic club, half-acre pool with waterfalls and slides, golf, and tennis. Activities include Drums of the Pacific Lu'au, Tour of the Stars rooftop stargazing, cultural lessons, water sports, shopping on property and nearby, and wildlife tours with penguins, flamingos and more. World-class dining at Japengo, 'Umalu, Swan Court and Son’z—emphasize using locally grown ingredients to provide unique cuisine to suit every palate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Hyatt Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort Spa
- Hyatt Regency Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina