My family of four and I loved this resort. We were only there for four days including travelling time so not long but we didn't leave except for a volcano tour.
The rooms were nice and comfortable but the best part was the large pool and proximity to the beach. The sea water is rough so not suitable for children but we loved it. There are two sides to the pool which is good because it mostly separates the adults from the families. One side has a shallow section and water slide, which was fun even for adults.
The restaurants are great, which is important as there isn't much around. The location has a few resorts and that's about it. They can be a little pricey but it's what you expect for on site. The japanese was really good and the pool bar was great. There is a mini mart on site too. We had complimentary breakfast in our package and the buffet was great - I had an omelette made by a chef each morning.
I gave my mother a massage and pedicure at the spa and they were really lovely. They gave me a gift bag with goodies but forgot to give her one on exit. It is expensive and we wouldn't have visited the spa if it wasn't her birthday. Overall we loved the experience and would recommend a volcano tour, despite it taking up most of a day with an early start.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 40 oceanfront acres on Ka'anapali Beach, this AAA 4-Diamond award-winning resort is an authentic Hawaiian experience set in tropical paradise. Each of 806 guestrooms, including 31 renovated suites, affords Hawaiian elegance with private lanais and panoramic views. Amenities include oceanfront spa, 24-hour athletic club, half-acre pool with waterfalls and slides, golf, and tennis. Activities include Drums of the Pacific Lu'au, Tour of the Stars rooftop stargazing, cultural lessons, water sports, shopping on property and nearby, and wildlife tours with penguins, flamingos and more. World-class dining at Japengo, 'Umalu, Swan Court and Son’z—emphasize using locally grown ingredients to provide unique cuisine to suit every palate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Hyatt Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort Spa
- Hyatt Regency Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina