We moved to the Hyatt in Maui after coming from Las Vegas so the peace and quiet of Maui and this hotel was a welcome to us. We were celebrating our honeymoon so had planned to stay here for 7 nights for lots of R&R.
The hotel is in a great spot & right on the beach and the views are pretty impressive. We were advised before booking of the building work next door to the Hyatt however the description suggested it was much smaller scale works then they actually are. They are in fact building an entirely new residential block so there was a huge crane on site - a little bit of an eye sore. However in their defence we weren't disturbed by any of the works & nothing could be heard from the pool area and we weren't overlooking anything so no harm done.
We paid for a ocean view king room as we wanted the guarantee of a good room for our honeymoon. We weren't upgraded on check in however the hotel is popular with honeymooners and other couples we met did seem to get upgraded to the same ocean view room we had paid for so if your willing to risk it you may be lucky to get an upgrade.
We had free breakfast for our stay which was good as there isn't loads of choice around for places to eat. The resort itself has three restaurants but one is very casual food and swans court is quite pricey and opposite end of very formal. There's another 3 in the nearby walkable town of whalers village but we would highly recommend getting the $2 bus to the next town where the outlet shops are for more great restaurants and more bar options - it's a lot cheaper too (average cocktail is $14 in the resort compared to $7!) if your looking for places to hand out in late evening this probably isn't the hotel for you as all but one bar closes at 10am so choice is reduced very quickly and like I said prices at this bar are quite high. Don't get me wrong though the cocktails are lush!
The hotels appearance is wonderful & they obviously pride themselves in providing a great environment for guests. The plants are all thoroughly groomed daily and the pool area is very impressive. They have resident birds on site too with many parrots and penguins which are very cool. You must visit Niko the grey African parrot - he is a proper dude and in the right mood will play & dance for you! We loved him :)
The only reason we can't award 5 stars is because of the amount of children at this resort. They obviously attract lots of families and honeymooners alike and at times the amount of young children about was overwhelming. There is no kids club so they do take over the pool area so if your a couple looking for adult time I would l think again before booking this resort but if that doesn't bother you then go for it as everything else was super!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 40 oceanfront acres on Ka'anapali Beach, this AAA 4-Diamond award-winning resort is an authentic Hawaiian experience set in tropical paradise. Each of 806 guestrooms, including 31 renovated suites, affords Hawaiian elegance with private lanais and panoramic views. Amenities include oceanfront spa, 24-hour athletic club, half-acre pool with waterfalls and slides, golf, and tennis. Activities include Drums of the Pacific Lu'au, Tour of the Stars rooftop stargazing, cultural lessons, water sports, shopping on property and nearby, and wildlife tours with penguins, flamingos and more. World-class dining at Japengo, 'Umalu, Swan Court and Son’z—emphasize using locally grown ingredients to provide unique cuisine to suit every palate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Southall Travel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Hyatt Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort Spa
- Hyatt Regency Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina