“Nice hotel and pleasant stay”

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
GreenLeadersSilver level
Germany
“Nice hotel and pleasant stay”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Booked Kamaāina rate rooms for my wife and in-laws and Hyatt upgraded us to a corner suites via Hyatt status. Everyone was super helpful and the rooms were newly redone. We were in the wing next to the construction site but it was never an issue to us. We were given two-for-one breakfast buffet vouchers due to the construction which was a nice touch. There was a mix-up with valet parking where the car was checked in late and we explained that we had to leave at 6AM the next morning and it wasn't there but that was the only burp (valet didn't leave a note for the next shift). Pool water was a little on the cold side and everyone placed a towel on a chair and there was no one even in the area - I thought that was rude.

We needed can/bottle openers - they sent them up. Needed extra washcloths - maid supplied them. Hyatt accidentally charged my in-laws for valet parking (we only had one car) and I called upon arriving home to get charges reversed - they bumped up the credit evidently to make up for their mistake. Nice touch.

I can tell you that the Hyatt has always done right by us when we stayed with them.

Room Tip: Get a Hyatt credit card - they'll bump up your asigned room category.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HawaiianGringo
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
I am happy to hear you all had a great time at the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa. Having the Hyatt credit card was definitely a bonus on this trip with your room upgrade, and I am glad you were satisfied with that. If you are ever in the Maui area again, we hope you will return.
Warm Regards,
Annah E., Guest Relations Associate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,327)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sewell, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was the last stop on our three island visit. Maui was by far the best of the three and the Hyatt Regency was a great place to stay, The resort is big but not too big. Our room had a great view of a mountain straight ahead and the ocean off to the side. We enjoy sitting on the patio and just looking at the beauty in front of us. Our room was clean and spacious. The breakfast that came with our package was very good. A buffet with a nice selection of eggs, meats, bagels, breads, fresh fruit and desserts made starting out the day easy. We used the pool several days and it was sparkling clean and beautifully landscaped. The walkway along the ocean was a nice feature too. The hotel is a 10 minute ride from the town of Lahaina were we attended a great Luau and a 25 minute ride from and area to take snorkeling trips. We enjoyed our stay very much.,

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wtbusdriver
Thank you so much for taking your time to write this review. I am delighted to hear how wonderful your stay was at the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, and how great your views were from your room. I hope it was a relaxing time for all of you, and next time you’re in Maui we hope you will return.
Warm Regards,
Annah E., Guest Relations Associate
Smyrna, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 July 2014

First Time in Hawaii...This was a great experience. the hotel was excellent and right on the beach...Wife and I had a wonderful time... we tried the luau at this resort and it was awesome good food drinks all night.... The hotel staff was great, very nice...

Room Tip: The higher the better...Good ocean view.
Green Features: Hotel was a good choice.The spa here is great and you'll love it. Can't go with this one.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JamesandMia W
Orange County, California
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We just spent a week there and it was wonderful. The resort is absolutely breathtaking. And it has easy access to the beach and all the activitites. It is also very close to everything. Lahaina is 5 minutes up the road as well as Whalers Village another 5 the other direction. The staff was very friendly and the rooms are very nice. However if you are staying on the side that has the obstructed view please check with the hotel for they have lots of construction guys and noise if you are on that end and it is really a bad view but other than that I give the place a thumbs up. We asked to move to a higher level and further down and was not as bad but we did not stay in our rooms during the day we were out and about enjoying what the Resort had to offer and Maui.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Luvmykids63
Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa for your recent visit to Maui! I am ecstatic that you had such an outstanding experience. It sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed the resort finding it to be well appointed. I will be sure to share your kind words regarding the staff and their top notch service with our management team. Your feedback is truly appreciated. We hope to have an opportunity in the future to welcome you back to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa. Mahalo!

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Decided we would celebrate my retirement from the military with a family trip to Hawaii. Since this was going to be our second trip to Oahu, we decided to take the short flight over to Maui to explore that island for a couple of days. The pictures on the Hyatt website didn't do the resort any justice. We were amazed from the time we pulled up to the front door. We experienced nothing but exemplary professionalism and customer service for the entire length of our stay. The grounds were phenomenal and the views were breathtaking.

Since we arrived at the hotel too early, our room wasn't ready. The front desk representative explained all the hotel amenities and offered us towel cards so we could relax by the pool until our room was ready. Once the room was available, we received a phone call and assistance with our luggage up to our room. The bellhop was fabulous, providing me information about the local golf courses, restaurants, and island activities. Even though he assisted numerous hotel guest each day, he always remembered my name. I really appreciated that personal touch.

Our only regret at the end of this vacation was that we didn't spend the entire week in Maui. Visiting Oahu was nice, but Maui and the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa made the entire trip complete. Thanks to the entire staff for making this a memorable vacation. We will be back, but the next time it will just be my wife and I.

Room Tip: You won't go wrong selecting an oceanfront room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jay C
Thank you for choosing to spend your retirement celebration at our resort. I appreciate you taking a moment of your time to provide us with your feedback. I am delighted that from the moment you arrived at the property you found the service to be amazing. We have a great staff that prides themselves on providing memorable service to our guests. I hope the next time your travel brings you back to Maui we can welcome you back for a longer stay. Mahalo!

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed here last year for a week and it is an absolutely outstanding hotel. The service through out the property was wonderful with such a breathtaking view.
We also went to the luau there on the beach and it was spectacular! The food was delicious and the show was entertaining. Each morning we had breakfast in the restaurant there and enjoyed watching the birds fly around and geese and ducks in the water around the restaurant. Just beautiful...
They have various shops inside the hotel around the property and I loved the fact that they have a small Macy's shop just in case you need swimwear etc. ;)
The staff at the front desk were friendly and when we checked in we were given fresh flower lei s. I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone.
I hope to return someday when I can.

Room Tip: Ocean front view with a balcony.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Kym454
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Greetings Kym454,

Thanks for going out of your way to share your experience from your last year's visit to the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa. We are so thrilled to learn of your intent to visit us in the future due to the great stay you had. We will be sure to thank our staff for the amazing job they do and we hope to welcome you back very soon!

Warm regards,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We have been to Maui at least 20 times but it was our first stay at the Hyatt. The hotel grounds are truly spectacular with exotic birds and lush foliage everywhere, they even have warm weather penguins! We booked the trip through Costco and got a really great price(for Maui) The check in had a line which people were not too happy about considering that most guests traveled more than 6 hours to get there. When it was finally our turn they didn't have the correct information for the package we booked. I explained that Costco was offering a hotel credit of $200 plus free breakfast and other perks. The front desk said they hadn't heard about this deal and of course my smartphone that had the confirmation email on it was out of batteries. I was able to charge my phone and show them the email.

We had paid a little extra to get a partial ocean view room but the first room they gave me was horrible! We were in an older building and there was no view from the room but if you went out on the balcony you would see construction, the main road and if you turned to the right you could barely see the ocean. I called right away and complained I told her we had booked a partial ocean view and she said that was partial ocean view and they only had a few partial ocean view rooms on the interior of the hotel she said she would try to move us the next day. I got a call the next day and we were moved to a fabulous room looking out onto the beautiful gardens, pool and yes a partial ocean view…truly beautiful.

Meanwhile I had to call several more times to get the perks that my Costco package came with but it was finally worked out.

The breakfast buffet was fantastic with so many choices you could not repeat the same meal for 10 days if you wanted. The sushi restaurant was wonderful and cocktails at sunset from the patio had a stunning view. They also have a happy hour everyday at the bar near the pool with great drinks and nice snacks that were $4 or $5

All in all it is a really great place to stay with a central location near all the shops in Kaanapali and a short drive to Lahaina but it would be better if they just gave you what you had paid for in the first place without any hassle while you are trying to relax on vacation

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank dosomething0
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
#13 of 32 in Lahaina
Westin Maui Resort And Spa
Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa
The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!