I love this hotel!! Whenever I go to Maui, I always stay here. The location is great and the resort is beautiful. The staff is friendly and the hotel is clean.
The Hyatt is located on Kanapali beach. The only real down fall to this hotel, is that the beach isn't very big. However, it's not really that big of a deal because you can walk down the path to the very next hotel and you have yourself a bigger beach. There is a nice long walking path that stretches down Kanapali beach. Very easy and a pretty walk. It will take you to whalers village where you can shop, eat and walk around.
The Westin is right there and they have a pretty huge beach right in front.
The resort is so well manicured. They have a lot of birds, fish and penguins to look at. During certain hours they will bring out the exotic birds.
Now for the pool. I love this pool because they have a separate kids pool and what a great kids pool it is!! They have a little water slide for them and the pool has sand in it and it's very shallow. Right next to the kids pool is the big water slide. My boys loved it!! It drops you off into the very deep end and then you can swim under the waterfall through the cave to the other side of the pool. Oh and by the way, if you find you need a drink on the way back to the other side of the pool, you can swim on up to the bar in the cave.
The rooms are nice no complaints there. I highly recommend getting a deluxe ocean view. It's so nice to sit on your lanai and watch the sunset.
The food is ok. We always get the buffet breakfast included. The have a lot of different options. We usually always went out to dinner. We would walk down to whalers village or we would drive into Lahina and eat.
Great hotel.. I prefer it over the Westin. Plus, the rooms are smaller at the Westin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 40 oceanfront acres on Ka'anapali Beach, this AAA 4-Diamond award-winning resort is an authentic Hawaiian experience set in tropical paradise. Each of 806 guestrooms, including 31 renovated suites, affords Hawaiian elegance with private lanais and panoramic views. Amenities include oceanfront spa, 24-hour athletic club, half-acre pool with waterfalls and slides, golf, and tennis. Activities include Drums of the Pacific Lu'au, Tour of the Stars rooftop stargazing, cultural lessons, water sports, shopping on property and nearby, and wildlife tours with penguins, flamingos and more. World-class dining at Japengo, 'Umalu, Swan Court and Son’z—emphasize using locally grown ingredients to provide unique cuisine to suit every palate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Southall Travel, Booking.com, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Hyatt Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort Spa
- Hyatt Regency Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina