“Good Hotel lots of construction”

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
GreenLeadersSilver level
Half Moon Bay, California, United States
“Good Hotel lots of construction”
Reviewed 3 September 2014

I will give it 4 when the construction is over. Like everything else in Hawaii the Hyatt is catching up with the Time Share business and thus there is a huge construction project going on and will be for some time to come. i would say 3 1/2 for now, but you get a good quality hotel, the service is really 5 star, so maybe I should have given it 4...anyhow, you cannot go wrong. My real grip is that the walk to Black Rock and the other parts of the beach are so far. I would still rather stay at the marriott, but you know you get an awesome pool, good service and a very fancy lobby.

Room Tip: Check to see if you are paying full fare you do NOT want to face the construction. If you want a hug...
Green Features: Very friendly I would think. They do the typical hang up your towels and such and seem to have it wired. The hotel itself is not new but they seem to have caught up.
  • Stayed September 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Badq45t
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 14 November 2014
Aloha Badq45t,

Thanks for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa. I am so thrilled to hear you really enjoyed your stay at this location and about the awesome customer service you were provided. We will be sure to thank our team members for their efforts and I know they look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,335)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 3 September 2014 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel but stay away from the "obstructed view" rooms. The construction workers were waiving at us in our room.
I would not stay in kanapali again as it was so packed. It felt like a big city thrown on a tiny island. The wait times were long for restsurants and it didn't feel like a relaxing Hawaiian vacation. I would chose Wailea instead.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank OntheMove77
Good Evening OntheMove77,

Appreciate you going out of your way to share your thoughts on your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa. Thank you for your kind words about our property and the tips you have provided our future guests. I am sorry to hear this visit wasn't as relaxing as it could have been due to the city being so crowded. We do have a new location in Wailea! Andaz Maui, make sure you check it out for your return visit to Maui.

Long Beach, California
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We celebrated our September birthdays in September in Maui Hawaii and visited a long time childhood friend whom I have not seen for over 40 years. We enjoyed our very special birthdays on a beautiful island

Room Tip: Very relaxing and lots to do in the hotel
Green Features: Linens changed only of guest request it by placing the card on the pillows requesting a change of linens
  • Stayed September 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank May P
Good Evening May P,

Thank you for celebrating your birthdays with us at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa. I am so happy to hear you really enjoyed this time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on future birthdays.

Safe Travels,

Copiague, New York
Reviewed 2 September 2014

My wife and I went to this hotel this past June and had a wonderful time. The staff is great, rooms are very nice and well kept. The property is beautiful and the location is near Lahaina so easy to get to restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: We had an ocean view on the first floor not far from the lobby.
Green Features: I found that Hawaii is pro environment so all hotels, shops and restaurants have recycle bins and cans located everywhere.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert B
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 21 October 2014
I am glad that you were able to enjoy our hotel with a beautiful view! The staff prides itself on trying to be the best, and I will make sure they are recognized for their hard work. Come back to visit us again soon!

-Cassie B
Guest Relations
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Our family stayed here late August. Got good deal from Costco and read other reviews prior to booking and decided that reviews were primarily good. Having never been to Maui I really didn't have a sense of where the good beaches were, where the good locations were, so in hindsight I think I would not stay at this hotel again because there is not a good beach for swimming in front of the hotel. Although the literally ocean front location is good, the fact that we couldn't swim was a negative. Other little things that added up to a 4: rather worn structure- dirt in corners of bathroom floor, old style decor ( despite recent renovation) towels that did not march in size ( some old, some newer), amenities ( soap, shampoo, etc) somewhat lackluster, public areas with walls that were dirty, nicked, etc, stained/ dirty public space and elevator carpets, shower curtains (not glass enclosures) and to top it off, one morning, a cockroach running up a wall next to my husband at breakfast!! Positives: very nice staff, beautiful location ( despite beach issue) great pool for adults and kids, decently good food. We spent a lot of money to stay at this hotel. Next time, we will choose a different location in Maui with a swimmable/ snorkeling beach, and perhaps spend a bit more.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Aloha Susan P,

Appreciate you going out of your way to share feedback on your past visit to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa. It is very disheartening to hear that you will not be returning to this location on your next vacation due to the lack of housekeeping and location. I am very sorry to hear these things did ultimately put a stress on your vacation. I have forwarded your comments and concerns to our executive management to ensure these things can be resolved in a prompt manner. Again, thank you for visiting us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Spent five wonderful days/nights at the Hyatt Maui (August 26-31, 2014) for my birthday. It was my fifth time in Maui and the first for my friend. We were upgraded to a partial oceanview room on the second floor. (I usually prefer a higher floor, but this one was just fine.) The room was large, clean and nicely appointed and had a large flat screen television (but who comes to Maui to watch TV?!) The balcony was a little small, but we did not spend much time there. The staff was smiling and always helpful. We loved the view from the breakfast area each morning. The food was delicious with a good array of choices. My favorites were the potatoes and the guava pancakes! My friend and I took advantage of some of the hotel's on-site activities: enjoyed the informative nature walk around the grounds to observe the wildlife, loved the Friday craft fair (I purchased a handmade gardenia flower from Ane at the Lei Pua table and have received many compliments on it), and we very much enjoyed the Drums of the Pacific Luau. The ladies at the concierge desk, Courtney(?) and Rita, were very helpful with securing our off-site activities and suggesting good restaurants in the area. I usually prefer to stay in a condo during my Maui visits, but the stay at this hotel was quite pleasant and the extra perks added to the enjoyment. All in all, our stay was perfect and there were no negatives. Great job, Hyatt!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank CynthiaDH
Aloha CynthiaDH,

Thank you for being our guest for your birthday! We really appreciate your kind comments about your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa. It is so awesome to hear about all the great amenities you took advantage of during this stay and we will be sure to thank our team members, including Courtney and Rita for their great customer service skills. We cannot wait to welcome you back on your next trip to Hawaii.

Providence, Rhode Island, United States
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Great service, convenient location, rooms were very clean. Only down side was construction was going on while there so early morning noise was par for the course. Loved the beach & walk way to other hotels & beaches along Lahaina. Beautiful golf course right across the street. Would definitely recommend & stay there again

Room Tip: Try to get the waterview rooms if possible.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Brian D
Greetings Brian D,

Thank you so much for your loyalty to the Hyatt brand! I am so thrilled to hear about your recent vacation to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa and the great service and amenities you received. Thank you for giving our future guests an idea of what to expect when they stay with us. I cannot wait to welcome you back on your next trip to Maui.

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
Royal Lahaina Resort
Royal Lahaina Resort
#18 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!