Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Westin.com
US$435
US$388
  • Pool
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$251
US$475
US$376
US$399
US$342
Orbitz.com
US$296
Best Western Pioneer Inn(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$214
US$460
getaroom.com
US$1,402
US$1,351
4,522 results
All reviewshawaiian hoteltiki grillhawaiian culturefarewell ceremonykauai wingkukui nutwhale shaped poolblack rockhawaiian activitiesnightly hula showwhalers villageterrace restaurantother hotelskaanapali beachfree entertainmentan older hotelhula lessons
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Friendly staff, real Hawaiian experience. I recommend. Worth for price. The hotel does not have a fitness center nor I used the room service (that is why it is not well rated). The Tiki Terrace Restaurant is one of the best I've been to during my stay in Maui. One of the few that offered Hawaiian dishes.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TeixeiraSR
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I looked at the reviews of this property and the photos. They must have been a long time ago. We were so upset that we had to stay at this place that was booked by a travel agent. Upon arriving it was dirty everywhere. There were insects in the room and it was very outdated. We couldn't use the internet because they don't have wifi. After I checked in and went to the room and saw the condition and dirt, I went to complain and she had no apologies only to say it is a family owned business. I asked for a recommendation since I couldn't get on the internet to find a different place and she told me to walk to find one. We couldn't find one on such short notice so we spent as little time as possible. Everynight, I would strip the bed and shake out the sheets before I could sleep. I wore socks in the room because it was so dirty and I had to throw them away because they wouldn't come clean. Disgusting. The ONLY nice part was the ocean and that is where we stayed all day. We also booked as many excursions so we didn't have to stay there.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Kdw39
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This was the third time we've stayed @ the Kaanapali & it was as pleasant as ever. Staff very friendly & helpful. Traveling with an infant this time with no problems. Provided crib & blankets for him. The Lanai wing offers the best views in our opinion, even though it is not closest to the water. Rooms are a little bigger than other wings, and the walls are nice & thick. Didn't hear anyone the entire time when in the room. Great maid service. This place is NOT a luxury hotel, but you're not going to find a cheaper hotel on the Kaanapali strip. Note, Hawaii hotel taxes are high. Be ready to add $30+ a night in taxes. Since you have to pay for parking here, go ahead & get valet for only $3 more a day. Definitely worth it. Only thing that bothered us was that they still charge for wired internet. By this day & age, Wi-Fi should be available & free everywhere.

Room Tip: Lanai wing 4-6 floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Hman2
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I would stay here again. The best part is the location, which is likely true of all hotels on Ka'anapali Beach.

We got a standard room, so I expected to be facing away from the ocean and pool. We were assigned room 259. It was the first room in our building, furthest from the beach and facing a property called the Whaler. So far so good.

When we arrived there was a crushed beer can on the balcony. Right to our left (we could have reached out and touched it) was a utility room roof. It was a mess. Garbage, old cable, broken piece of plywood, a rusty ladder and an old pair of discarded blue jeans. I called and complained. They offered a new room and I accepted.

We were anxious to get to the beach because the sun was setting, but the bellboys took forever. In the meantime they offered to have me look at two rooms and gave me two keys. One of the keys didn't work. The desk didn't explain, offer an apology or fix the key. We took the other room, 459, two stories directly above 259. We finally got settled after an unusually long wait.

The front desk kept suggesting that I was referring to a mess on the property next door, not their own. I found it insulting. No apology for that either, even after they cleaned up the mess on their own property.

We finally got to our room and everything was fine, but we lost valuable time because of a mess they left and difficulty moving us to a new room.

Other Bad:
- parking is cramped, but typical in Hawaii
- Snack bar staff indifference to my son's inquiry about gluten free options.
- Cold pool. I don't know if they have a heater, but it was colder than the Pacific.

Good:
- Location on beach near black rock
- Trilogy activity center
- Walking distance to a shopping center right down the beach with restaurants

I picked this hotel because of it's location and that didn't disappoint. It is also much lower priced than nearby beach hotels. While we had some trouble at check in, I would not expect that same problem again.

Room Tip: Room 259 is not a good choice if you might want to sit on the balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ljmach
Reviewed 17 May 2014

The room was nice but nothing spectacular, we had a partial ocean view. The location is great, right by black rock for snorkeling. The grounds are very pretty and they have a traditional hula show. The gave us a lei to take home also.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends