Kaanapali Beach Hotel
US$445
US$537
US$491
  • Pool
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$291
US$280
US$578
US$333
Hotwire.com
  • Beachfront
Lahaina Shores Beach Resort(Lahaina)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
4,444 results
All reviewshawaiian hoteltiki grillhawaiian culturefarewell ceremonykauai wingkukui nutwhale shaped poolblack rockhawaiian activitiesnightly hula showwhalers villageterrace restaurantother hotelskaanapali beachfree entertainmentan older hotelhula lessons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 March 2010

Just got back from a 12 night stay at the KBH. We stayed in the 3 level low-rise building.

Pro:
-Beautiful spacious grounds
-Plenty of lawn chairs available
-Shade always available if needed
-Right on the beach. Great views
-Very friendly and helpful staff. The maids are terrific.
-Tiki Bar is a nice place for a drink on a hot day. $4 pints and daily specials.
- 10 minute bus ride to Lahaina
-4 minute walk to Whalers Village

Con:
- The low-rise is an older wood building. Nice rooms but not very soundproof. If someone uses the shower in the floors above you...you will know it. Won't be able to hear the TV or converse easily. You can hear *everything* in the next door room. You could carry on a conversation with the people next door quite easily.

-Security seems lax, especially on weekends. Groups of kids and vagrants freely wander onto the property and loiter. We didn't think it was that big of deal until I had my backpack stolen one day then rifled through the next day. The first time it was stolen it was done by a group of 4 teens. Two watched while two others grabbed the bag and passed it on to the others (as told to me by an elderly couple that watched). The bag was beside my girlfriend who had her head down (very brazen). After that I started observing the property and noticed a few times loiterers "casing" people to watch their lounging habits. Easily stopped if security made a few rounds and challenged people that were obviously not guests.

-My only problem with the service was when I ordered a desert for takeout one night. They mentioned a service charge and I told them it wasn't for room service. They said all takeout gets a service charge ..room service or not. A little disappointing.

-50 cents a minute to use the internet. I don't know what they charged for wireless.

Overall a very nice place that I would visit again. One thing to mention, and everyone is probably aware of this when visiting Maui. It is not a cheap place. Usually we get a condo with a kitchen to lessen the cost. Our accommodations for this last minute trip was just a hotel room. It is very difficult to find a reasonably priced meal in that area.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TomVancouverCanada
Reviewed 26 March 2010

The hotel was reasonably priced when compared to others. The rooms were large and clean. The staff was very nice. The beach is nice too , but there was a little drop off from the sand to get to the water. This drop off may not be there all the time. The beach connected with the Sheraton Beach and others. The location, near Lahina, is nice. The hotel is within walking distance to Whaler's Village where there are some nice stores and restaurants. If it's the ultimate in style and sophistication you are seeking, this hotel is not for you.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank ariannaCT
Reviewed 24 March 2010

We just spent 10 fabulous days. We originally booked the Kaanapali beach hotel figuring we wouldn't spend much time in our room. I had read all the reviews and was prepared for the sales pitch to upgrade to the Royal Lahaina. We did upgrade and it was a bit more money but worth every penny. I am only sorry that I had prejudged the resort as a sales scheme, it wasn't. The staff seemed genuine and looked for our best enjoyment with a family of four, two teenagers. The garden suite was huge with a full kitchen and two TV's and two bathrooms and great beds. It allowed us our space so no one got on each others nerves even after 10 days 24/7. The stay was worth every penny and all the staff were great, friendly and personal. We will be back again and again!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank familymemories4
Reviewed 24 March 2010

My husband and I have stayed at the Kaanapali Beach Hotel 12 times since 2002. It is the best vacation place in all of Maui. They have the best staff around. Looking forward to returning again, and again.

Reviewed 22 March 2010

We just returned from a fabulous 8 days in Maui.This was our third trip to Maui and 2nd stay at KBH.I am not sure what else that a person could ask for from a hotel If you are looking for a 5 star luxury hotel this is not for you.If you are looking for a hotel at a perfect location that is reasonably priced(for Hawaii) clean with a great staff this is it.When we booked our room I decided to go for ocean front and it is worth every penny.This cost us about what it would for the lowest priced rooms at other hotels in the area.Our room had been newly remodeled and a lot of the rooms are being upgraded now.It was very clean and we were very satisfied.The grounds are beautiful and very well taken care of .Every member of the staff was extremly friendly and I truly believe they try to make your stay as pleasant as possible.In my opinion this place is the only place to stay if you want to stay in the Kaanapali Beach area.We are planning on going back to Maui and we will be staying at KBH again

1  Thank RW1963