“Wonderful!”

Kaleialoha Condominiums
Calgary
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed five nights in unit 208. It was great - our lanai overlooked the ocean, so we saw tons of sea turtles, a sting ray, and a gorgeous sunset every night. The condo was clean and we found that the ceiling fans in combination with the breeze kept the condo comfortable without having to turn on the air conditioning. The property is in a great location - there's lots around within walking distance and/or a short drive. We will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Unit 208 has a great view and gets enough breeze to not have to turn on the A/C
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed in #406. The positive of this resort and this unit is the view. It is amazing. However, there are a number of issues you should be aware of before deciding to make this part of your vacation:

* By far the biggest issue is the air conditioner. The living area is at the front of the unit with the bedroom and bathroom at the back. The air conditioner is a wall mounted unit in the living room. This compressor is on the balcony (lanai). This means that with the air conditioning on you cannot sit on the balcony and enjoy the view as the noise is insane. Secondly, the air conditioner only cools the living area and does not have any effect on the bedroom. This makes sleeping in the heat very uncomfortable.

* The unit is definitely old. It is in reasonable condition but the decorations and amenities are very dated.

* The dryer does not vent outside and also doesn't dry the clothes. This adds to the air conditioning problem as the dryer blows hot air into the apartment. After an hour of using the dryer our clothes were still soaked so we walked downstairs and paid to use the coin operated dryer.

* The dishwasher is tiny. With only 2 of us in the unit we had to put it on twice a day.

We stayed in a lovely unit on the big island before staying here and overall were disappointed with this unit. I'd recommend looking at other options.

3 Thank Peter D
LONNIE123Maui_Hawaii, Front Office Manager at Kaleialoha Condominiums, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Mahalo for your comments. I wish to point out that A/C of any kind is rare in our area and normally only found in the larger hotels. Mainly because of the issues noted and the fact that we usually have such nice cross winds it is not necessary. All of our rooms have ceiling as well as stand up fans to aid ventilation. I suppose if one was sitting on the lanai you could simply turn off the unit to avoid the noise it makes. Also most condos do not have washers/dryers in the units. We do, but they are smaller size and do not function well with larger or heavy loads. It is true that the kitchen has a compact size dishwasher and for this we apologize. However the unit itself has been nicely upgraded and is one of our top sellers with guests requesting year after year.
To view all units see our website!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 7 night stay at Kaleialoha and enjoyed every minute of it. The view from our room was picturesque with sea turtles congregating in the clear waters below. The location of this property was great-- within walking distance to the Farmer's Market and other shops. And it's just a short drive (5-10 minutes) to some of Maui's best beaches like Kapalua and Napili The property also has a semi-private beach (shared with two other condos) which was great for cooling off and snorkeling. I would recommend this property to anyone interested in visiting Maui and wanting a quiet and relaxing place to stay.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 20 September 2013

On our first trip to Maui, we tried unit 210 at the Kaleialoha condos. When we opened the door to the condo, the first view one has is of the ocean. From the balcony, the sight and sound of the sea, right in front of us was the first relaxation high we got. The second high cam with the setting of the sun and the third high came the next morning watching the sea and witnessing a double rainbow.

The condo is fully equipped! The Christensens (owners) have done a magnificent job to include all possible amenities a guest would need. I should not forget to mention the manager of the condo, Cathy, who made sure our reservation was processed correctly and gave us a lot of useful information about the island. I cannot think of one item that was not available in any of the many cabinets or drawers in the unit.

Wanna go to the beach? Go down a few steps and to the left, climb down to the sand and swim. If you are lucky, you can bump against a honu (green sea turtle). I was lucky and one brushed past me, as I got my first taste of the ocean. Trying to keep up with these guys is an effort, but well worth the experience. So peaceful animals!

Wanna go to a more romantic beach for the day? Get the beach chairs and the cooler from the closet, buy some nice fruits and drinks from the farmer's market a few yards away and drive up to the Kapalua or Napili Bay 3-4 miles to the North. Hungry? Try the Maui tacos or the Seahouse restaurant. And Lahaina is very close, for evening escapes to a touristy but a bit elegant dining experience. The laid back atmosphere in the area was way better than the hustle and bustle or Lahaina or Wailea. The visit with the honus was priceless.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor or higher unit. The view of the sun setting from higher up is tremendous.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank paokara1940
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We stayed in #105, and were absolutely pleased with every aspect of our room, the resort/complex, and location. Our condo was spotlessly clean, and everything that we could need was provided. They thought of everything. The location was perfect. Close enough to everything, but private and quiet at the same time. And the grounds were extremely well-maintained and beautiful. Gorgeous landscaping; and the air was fragrant from the plumeria trees. The swimming pool was the cleanest, most comfortable one I've ever been in. I can't say enough great things about Kaleialoha Condos. Oh, I almost forgot - the BEST spot for swimming with turtles, right there in the waters behind the condos. More turtles than Black Rock! (don't touch though)

• Stayed August 2013
Roseburg, Oregon
Reviewed 1 September 2013

This is a perfect condo for any couple, the unit includes all the basics you need to explore the ocean, which is at your backdoor. It is stocked with all the functioning kitchen too, like spices, garbage bags. The grilling area was our favorite hang out, the people staying are very friendly, and a lot of them rent monthly. There is a store very close by, the on sit staff were very accommodating as well. This is affordable and all you need.

Room Tip: all ocean front condos are the same as far as views go
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I don't really know where to start. I have never stayed in a rental condo before. I am more of the "I need you to come in and clean my room for me everyday because I am on vacation and am way too lazy." I have to say I was quite surprised by not only myself, but also what the option og having a place to call home for a week that feels like home can offer. We stayed in unit 113. It is considered one of the premium units. I think they called it ultra or some marketing word. What ever they called it, it didn't disappoint. Fully appointed with flat screen tvs, all the needed linens, pots and pans and even a washer and dryer to keep my wife from loosing her touch on the laundry. We didn't use the pull out because it was just the two of us and we kept to the bedroom. THe bed was big and comfortable. The TV in the room made me feel like I was home. That is untill I went outside and saw the beautiful waters. And the turtles, I can't forget the turtles. Everyday around 2 in the afternoon, the turtles would come up to the shore and brace themselves in the higher and rougher tide. It was beautiful. I am a huge animal lover and it made my day to see them up close without entering their domain or disturbing them in any way.

I can't say enough about the location. Is it right on the beach?? No. Is it right in the middle of the tourist zone?? No. Is Maui an Island where you can go without driving anywhere?? No. If you want right on the beach and right in the middle of the high-priced tourist gouging areas pick The Grand Wielea. If you want to explore the island and have a place to call home at the en of the day pick the Kaleialoha Condos. Unit 113 to be specific.

Room Tip: Unit 113 on the ground floor served us very well.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple