Stayed at Eldorado last week of October, had a great time. These are privately owned condos , all different in terms of condition, furnishing, desirability of location, etc. Most are managed by Outrigger Resorts, although some owners rent direct thru VRBO. We opted for an Outrigger-managed unit in case we had any issues needing assistance (we didn’t).
We were upgraded to a 2-bed unit in Building E, which décor-wise was pretty much mid-level rental pool condition; not luxury, but huge with everything we needed – full kitchen and implements, 3 TV’s, outdoor patio with tables and lounge chairs. We had a great corner location directly on Kaanapali golf course, across from Sheraton and Kaanapali Beach, great views. You could walk to either side of Black Rock – either thru Sheraton Beach Walk to the beach in front of that hotel, or via a pathway around golf course to the Outrigger private cabana on other side of Black Rock (less crowded).
The main thing to realize about staying at this resort is: If this is your first time in Maui, and you are looking for the full travel brochure “Hawaii Experience” with fancy pool, tiki torches, beach cabanas, $12 Mai Tai’s with umbrellas, luau and $20 beach-side hamburgers – this is NOT the place. However, if you have already done all that, and want a great base of operations in Maui, close to (not on) the beach in a great area, with twice+ the space at half the price, flexibility of a kitchen, ability to take your own libations to the pool, and without a thousand other people and kids all around you, then this IS the place! (it was also off-season, so I don’t know what the crowd factor s in summer). There are no restaurants or bars at the resort, and no rooom season (this is not a "hotel") , although there are plenty of options within walking distance (Kaanapali hotels, Whaler’s Village, Fairway strip center across street, your own kitchen). All the Outrigger staff encountered were very friendly and helpful.
As noted in other reviews, It can be a bit of a walk to beach, (10+ minutes depending where your room is), especially if it’s hot & you are carrying a bunch of stuff, but Outrigger provided a golf cart ride service to and from, which was convenient. Also a nice walk down to Whaler’s Village, but you could also catch the local free Trolley there and back from front of hotel. (All walks are “down” going, and “up” on way back – plan accordingly). We also used the main pool area at end of day to dunk in, as well as the BBQ’s there for a few in-room dinners. Parking was in a garage structure located in center of complex (+ $8/day), so you had to schlep stuff back & forth – but again, the Outrigger had staff avail. with a cart. All-in-all, a great experience in a relaxed, uncrowded atmosphere, very good value, I will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the fairways at Kaanapali Beach Resort, Outrigger® Maui EldoradoSM situates you in easy walking distance to beach activities, championship Royal Kaanapali Golf Course, and Whaler’s Village shops, restaurants and nightlife. These low-rise Maui condo rentals are well regarded among vacationers for roomy comfort with 1-bedroom suites up to 1,200 square feet! The relaxed garden setting is informal and inviting. The house golf cart shuttles guests to the exclusive beach cabana at north Kaanapali Beach. And enjoy more of west Maui exploring art galleries and souvenir shops in historic Lahaina Town, and discovering outdoor adventure at Kapalua Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Maui Eldorado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Maui Eldorado Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Maui Eldorado
- Outrigger Lahaina
- Outrigger Maui Eldorado Lahaina
- Lahaina Outrigger
- Maui El Dorado
- Maui Eldorado Lahaina