We recently completed a two week stay at the Maui Eldorado. We were very pleased to discover it, and I must say that it met our needs extremely well. We were in Maui with the mother and father of my spouse to celebrate their sixtieth wedding anniversary. They were staying at the Ka'anapali Beach Hotel for several reasons - nostalgia and familiarity being two of them (They stayed there on other occasions - primarily for other significant anniversaries!). Therefore we were looking for a reasonably priced condominium in the area so that we could cook most of our meals for them and for ourselves. We hoped to be able to find a place that was an easy walk and/or drive.
Therefore it was gratifying to find the Maui Eldorado and the relatively reasonable accommodation prices. We requested a ground floor suite because of mobility issues for my mother-in-law, and the unit we were given was perfect. J111 was very accessible by sidewalk through the patio doors from the parking structure. It was also a short five minute walk from the hotel where my in-laws were staying.
There were a few things which would have made the stay even more perfect, but they are minor. I will mention them in case they prove to be more important concerns for others.
The unit was very acceptable, but the kitchen was quite dated. A kitchen upgrade would be a nice improvement. In addition the bed was comfortable, but I was glad to be there for only two weeks as it was starting to bother my hips and legs after a night's sleep. We were missing a few helpful items from the kitchen, namely a bread knife and large carving knife or butcher knife, even though they were listed on the list of supplies. We did mention this in a visit to the front desk, and we were promptly supplied with two more steak knives (we already had six!) and two more regular dinner knives. We made do with the steak knives so we did not bother to try to mention it again, except on checkout so that it was clear that the missing utensils did not disappear during our stay.
The television in our unit was okay, but it was a large tube television. We noted that other units had large flat screen televisions, and it would have been nice to have one available to us as well, especially since the NHL playoffs were on when we stayed there and to these Canadians it would have made the viewing experience a bit more pleasant. In addition, we found the number of television channels to be somewhat limited. However, we did not visit Maui to watch television, so these are really minor concerns.
Other reviewers have mentioned the Beach Cabana and we would agree that this is one of the best features of the Maui Eldorado. We were sorry that due to our situation, we were limited in our ability to use it as much as we wished, but if we make another visit to the Maui Eldorado the Cabana will be an attractive feature.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the fairways at Kaanapali Beach Resort, Outrigger® Maui EldoradoSM situates you in easy walking distance to beach activities, championship Royal Kaanapali Golf Course, and Whaler’s Village shops, restaurants and nightlife. These low-rise Maui condo rentals are well regarded among vacationers for roomy comfort with 1-bedroom suites up to 1,200 square feet! The relaxed garden setting is informal and inviting. The house golf cart shuttles guests to the exclusive beach cabana at north Kaanapali Beach. And enjoy more of west Maui exploring art galleries and souvenir shops in historic Lahaina Town, and discovering outdoor adventure at Kapalua Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maui Eldorado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Maui Eldorado Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Maui Eldorado
- Outrigger Lahaina
- Outrigger Maui Eldorado Lahaina
- Lahaina Outrigger
- Maui El Dorado
- Maui Eldorado Lahaina