The Pioneer Inn is a lovely hotel in the heart of Lahaina. We had stayed here before and had experienced great service and a nice visit, so we decided to have our friends and families stay here with us for our Maui wedding celebration (our wedding was at the Five Palms in Kihei, a beautiful restaurant, but we wanted to stay in Lahaina because it would be much more fun overall for the rest of the trip). At the Pioneer Inn, we had rooms overlooking the Banyon Tree and rooms overlooking the courtyard, both were pleasant and no street noise issues, particularly with the AC running - we didn't hear a thing. We all loved having a little fridge in our rooms, we made good use of them. Sitting out on the lanais was a great evening activity, just watching town activity, but once our door was closed we didn't hear a thing. Having rooms next to friends was kind of like a suite but with more privacy, because we could easily hop the lanai railing to get from room to room (Steeple Chase!). The staff is friendly and helpful, the cleaning staff did a great job, we had no complaints in our group of 17 people. Just lots of happy guests all round. Our guests from Canada, USA, and UK all loved the Pioneer Inn.
This hotel is not as fancy as resorts in Kaanapali, but it you ask us, it is a lot more fun, has much more character and it is better to be in the heart of Lahaina than in the sterile resort environment that costs 3x the price.
The breakfasts (and dinners) that we had were super tasty and good value. Many great activities leave from the harbour (right out front) or if we went to hang out down the beach it is just a short walk to great spots for swimming and laying about the sand. The restaurants and shops in the area are fantastic, we really recommend trying the ribs at Mai Tais restaurant and checking out the Five Palms restaurant too (they have a new location in Lahaina).
Reading some of these reviews, I found it unfortunate that people felt their room was muggy (it is Hawaii after all but they obviously didn't turn on the AC), or that one had to climb on a chair to reach the air conditioner. All rooms we used (9 reservations) had remote control devices for the air conditioners. They are set out on the dresser with the TV remote. Worth note, these guys keep their furniture clean. I don't always unpack my luggage and use the dresser, but after close inspection I was happy to do so at the Pioneer Inn. My ONLY request would be that they add a bathroom fan. When we first entered the room, it didn't have AC cranked (understandably), so it was muggy - I don't know that I'd hold this against them since every hotel I've ever been to requires that you turn on your own AC when you enter the room. Within five minutes of AC the room is comfortably cool, a nice respite each time we came home from shopping, beach, meals, events. No complaints from us, we love this place and will certainly be back, as will many of our friends and family members. Excellent value, great service, and loads of charm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you visit historic Lahaina, treat yourself to the hospitatlity of Hawaii's plantation era while enjoying all the comfort and convenience of the Best Western Pioneer Inn. Although the exterior faithfully preserves this historical hotel, inside and around the grounds, visitors will enjoy up to date accomodations and facilities. Guests are surrounded by constant reminders of Hawaii's special beauty and will find the Inn's staff as warm and hospitable as a gentle island tradewind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Pioneer Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Pioneer Hotel Lahaina
- Best Western Lahaina
- Lahaina Best Western
- Best Western Pioneer Inn Maui/Lahaina