Our lanai overlooked the Banyan tree, where hundreds of birds come to nest for the night by twos in the evening. The two nights we were there, live bands played, so we just sat on our shared lanai and enjoyed the show. The hotel is over 100 years old, so don't expect anything ultra-modern. The rooms were a bit small but very comfortable, with a/c and a great flat screen tv. The staff was helpful and friendly. An outdoor mall with restaurants and a movie theater is directly across the street.
The location is also convenient for heading out on excursions, because it is right at the wharf. Lahaina town is charming, with lots of different stores, ice cream parlors (Ono Gelato!), and restaurants. Lots of nightlife, but most stores close around 9:30. If you want to really check out Lahaina, you should stay at this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you visit historic Lahaina, treat yourself to the hospitatlity of Hawaii's plantation era while enjoying all the comfort and convenience of the Best Western Pioneer Inn. Although the exterior faithfully preserves this historical hotel, inside and around the grounds, visitors will enjoy up to date accomodations and facilities. Guests are surrounded by constant reminders of Hawaii's special beauty and will find the Inn's staff as warm and hospitable as a gentle island tradewind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Pioneer Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Pioneer Hotel Lahaina
- Best Western Lahaina
- Lahaina Best Western
- Best Western Pioneer Inn Maui/Lahaina