This was a 3 day trip to Maui for us, and we really enjoyed our stay at the Pioneer Inn. Being from Oahu it was nice to just slow down and relax. The Inn is right in the center of Lahaina town and a short walk to a lot of attractions. Rooms are a little small but all have large balconeys to sit out on, and really, who comes to Hawaii, Maui especially, to sit in a hotel room? The restaurant downstairs is nice open air atmosphere, and prices are very reasonable. They have a parrot in the adjoining bar that has quite a vocabulary and attitude, very entertaining. Staff is very helpful and friendly, always quick with a smile and eager to please. Directly across the street is the largest Banyon tree in the world, home to the biggest flock of Myna birds it would seem. Just before sunset and sunrise the make a racket. Also across the street is the ferry to Lanai and Molokai, definitely worth the $$$ for a day trip. All in all the Pioneer Inn is a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you visit historic Lahaina, treat yourself to the hospitatlity of Hawaii's plantation era while enjoying all the comfort and convenience of the Best Western Pioneer Inn. Although the exterior faithfully preserves this historical hotel, inside and around the grounds, visitors will enjoy up to date accomodations and facilities. Guests are surrounded by constant reminders of Hawaii's special beauty and will find the Inn's staff as warm and hospitable as a gentle island tradewind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Pioneer Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Pioneer Hotel Lahaina
- Best Western Lahaina
- Lahaina Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Pioneer Inn Maui/Lahaina