Having had a discrepancy in our airline departure date and where we had previously been staying, we needed to find a place to stay on the island for 2 days. The Pioneer Inn was very reasonably priced for the Lahaina area. From arrival to departure the staff was very professional, friendly and accommodating! Though the room was what I expected, the lanai looking out onto Front Street was a nice surprise; except for nighttime. One of the bars across the street had a very loud band both nights and it was hard to even hear a TV over the noise and most of the people you'll view are the homeless trying to make conversation with the vacationers in order to get a smoke. Now I'll say right from the start, I do not like the small coffee pots and coffee that are found in most hotels. The first morning we could not find anywhere that served coffee at 5:30 a.m. so we were very disappointed. Later that day we ran into an employee, Mark, who said to ask for him the following morning and he would gladly get us coffee - which he did (THANK YOU, MARK!!). It would have been nice if the front desk had informed us of the availability the first morning. The property included a very nice little courtyard which had a pool (no hot tub) and even a covered gazebo for us smokers. Overall it was a good experience and one I would expect for a Best Western. Just a comment for those who are disabled or have a hard time with stairs, there are no first floor rooms nor elevators.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you visit historic Lahaina, treat yourself to the hospitatlity of Hawaii's plantation era while enjoying all the comfort and convenience of the Best Western Pioneer Inn. Although the exterior faithfully preserves this historical hotel, inside and around the grounds, visitors will enjoy up to date accomodations and facilities. Guests are surrounded by constant reminders of Hawaii's special beauty and will find the Inn's staff as warm and hospitable as a gentle island tradewind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Pioneer Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Pioneer Hotel Lahaina
- Best Western Lahaina
- Lahaina Best Western
- Best Western Pioneer Inn Maui/Lahaina