A couple years ago I stayed at the Pioneer Inn on a school trip. I enjoyed staying there so much that I felt necessary to bring my family there when we traveled to Maui last week.
The Pioneer Inn is an affordable place to stay with cozy, clean rooms. You'll see everyone on Tripadvisor talking about it's good location - and that's absolutely right. It is situated right on the Front Street with all its attractions in downtown Lahaina (my favorite city in Maui). It's also conveniently placed next to the boat harbor, making it literally a walk out the front door to get on any of the boats that leave from the harbor. The Pioneer Inn Grill is also right next to the hotel, and offers a nice meal and happy hour.
One thing I wanted to mention about the Pioneer Inn - they have truly awesome service. Because it is a rather small hotel, you will certainly feel welcomed talking to any of the people that work at the front desk. I also want to thank them for taking the effort to pick up the t-shirt I left at the grill and figure out that it belonged to us. They had it at the front desk waiting for when we checked out - that really made me smile after I had spent a ton of time looking for it as I was packing to head out!
If you plan to stay here, please know that you will not be staying at a resort that you might find in Kaanapali or Wailea. You will not have a huge room and pompous luxury. The beaches within walking distance are really not that great compared to the other beaches on Maui (although there is some great surfing on the other side of the boat harbor). However, you are in downtown Lahaina, which offers more than enough activities that you will find enjoyable.
We stayed 2 days there on our 8-day trip and explored downtown in addition to hiking Haleakala. It's certainly a place worth staying at again, as I found this time. The history of the hotel makes it even more interesting. I wouldn't recommend staying there for an entire vacation to Maui, but if you are someone interested in being in the heart of action in Lahaina, you will certainly not go wrong with staying here. I had great memories there 2 years ago and some great ones this past week!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you visit historic Lahaina, treat yourself to the hospitatlity of Hawaii's plantation era while enjoying all the comfort and convenience of the Best Western Pioneer Inn. Although the exterior faithfully preserves this historical hotel, inside and around the grounds, visitors will enjoy up to date accomodations and facilities. Guests are surrounded by constant reminders of Hawaii's special beauty and will find the Inn's staff as warm and hospitable as a gentle island tradewind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Pioneer Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Pioneer Hotel Lahaina
- Best Western Lahaina
- Lahaina Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Pioneer Inn Maui/Lahaina