The hotel is next to a beautiful beach and the grounds are really well kept. If they would deal with the bugs without poisoning the guests and replace the restaurant chefs with people that can cook then this place would be perfect.
As I am sure you've noticed by reading reviews this place is inundated with bugs. We checked into our unit with a toddler and there were no bugs until the 2nd or 3rd day of our stay. On the the 3rd day the bugs started arriving and staying landing on anything they could, the bedside tables and filling any glass of water you set down. What worried me the most was the large bottle of pesticide they left for me and the absence of bugs the first two days. I think they sprayed the entire unit meaning my toddler probably ingested a bunch of bug spray. By the third day it had worn off and the bugs arrived and weren't going to leave until we vacated and they could spray the whole place again.
The restaurant at this place is horrible. All the food tastes like it was marinated in the same vat of mystery sauce and then over-cooked. The view is great and is the only redeeming quality of the restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Plantation-style Resort on secluded beach; 3 miles from Kapalua-West Maui Arpt; 9 mi from Lahaina & 36 mi from Kahului Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Napili Kai Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napili Kai Beach Hotel Lahaina
- Napili Kai Beach Lahaina
- Napili Kai Beach Resort Maui/Lahaina