“First Trip to Maui was HEAVEN and Napilli Kai was a big part of that”

Napili Kai Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Vancouver, Canada
“First Trip to Maui was HEAVEN and Napilli Kai was a big part of that”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This was my first trip to Maui and I have to say that I am in love and would def go back!! When I first started looking around for where we would stay - I wanted to be in the Kaanapali area, but when my husband found this place, and we found a bit of a special deal, we went for it. I am so happy we did! We got there around 3:00 and check in was quick and easy. This place had me right at check in!! What an amazing view of the bay/beach right when you walk in!! We were in a studio (my husband and I) right in the same building as the front desk - I think it was the Aloha building...? second floor with an amazing view of the ocean. The studio was really roomy and the bed was King sized and super comfortable. The kitchen had everything we needed to make our breakfast in the morning (never did get around to making lunches or dinners) and we would eat out on the lanai and enjoy the views and the birds that liked to come by for a visit. One morning a boat tour cruised by and we noticed something jumping out of the water around the boat and the paddle boarders lucky enough to be out there... it was dolphins!! Probably about 30 or so of them following the boat jumping out and showing off for everyone. It was amazing! Kinda wished I was out there on a paddle board!! :)

I didn't make any use of the pools as the beach there is just AMAZING and we spent a lot of time there at our own beach. Snorkeling was pretty good and they provide you with the masks with no extra charges which is nice (although no fins....) My husband actually was out there and a HUGE turtle swam by him...He followed it for a bit with the underwater camera so I got to see him too :) The hotel provides floaties for the water and I loved grabbing a noodle and floating in the waves. Sunsets were AMAZING!

The only thing I didn't like about our unit was the tiny ants that were around. I was assuming that they would be around all units as with the kitchens and all these units being low rise... I don't know, maybe the people before us were really messy? I know we were meticulous in cleaning up everything to avoid ants...but they always seemed to be around. I hate ants.....but they really were TINY and so didn't seem as bad.

I also really appreciated that they didn't have any of the extra charges. No "resort fees" no parking fees and I really loved the free wifi in the rooms. It helped me to post all my amazing view pictures to my family right away! :)

You can't go wrong with this resort. It really was AMAZING :)

ps. I will try to post some pics later.

Room Tip: Get the oceanview!! It really is nice to be able to sit out on the lanai and enjoy it from your room...
2 Thank Jaxse

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Rosemount, Minnesota, USA
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We were at Napili Kai Beach Resort for a week and it was fabulous. We were in the Honolua area of the resort and our room was very modern, well appointed, comfortable bed and furniture, and had A/C. The room was quiet except for the sounds of dishes being washed each morning in the room next door. The front desk went way out of their way to be helpful at all times of the day and night. The restaurant had tasty food and beautiful views. We had fun at the events at the resort as well, like the Mai Tai party and the Slack Key guitar concert. We enjoyed walking the trails and there were plenty of things to do at the beach. We would definitely do Napili Kai again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My wife and I just returned from Maui after spending 10 days at the Napili Kai Beach resort. This place is by far the best resort on the Island. Here are the reasons why: 1) Property is located directly on the best beach in Maui (mostly private) 2) Best snorkeling in Maui (no need to go on any tours - just walk into the water with your mask and snorkel 3) Condos are clean and renovated (we stayed in Puna 11 - upper unit ocean front - the best the resort has to offer - UNBELIEVABLE!) 4) The staff is very friendly and accommodating 5) The restaurant on the property (The Sea House Restaurant) is fabulous 6) 3 of the top restaurants on the Island are merely a stones throw away (Merriman's, The Pineapple Grill, Sansei and The Gazebo (for breakfast) 7) If you want great tennis courts or a 5 star golf course...guess what...it's across the street - This resort has a loyal following and I can see why...We will be back next year...I hope this review helped

Room Tip: The Puna 11 and Puna Point complexes are by far the best (all have ocean front views and are renovat...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank Dallas B
California
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Just returned from a week at Napili Kai and I really can't think of anything to complain about. We had a beachfront studio room which was fantastic, wonderful lanai with comfortable furniture. The resort had everything, we checked out a cooler to take to other beaches, the putting green was fun, the grounds were very nice, the staff was great, and the location is fantastic. The bay is beautiful. The Sea House had a great daily happy hour. I look forward to returning to Napili Kai asap.

3 Thank LBToni
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We tried the Seahouse for lunch on our first time at the Napili beach. The lanai had a great view of the ocean and the mango salad was very well balanced. It was warm on that day and the local draft beer was just perfect. Just as happy hour started (around 3 pm) we decided to move into the bar area, which was a huge open window with a nice breeze. The drinks there (original mai tais) were even better and the barwoman was a treasure of information for the Kapalua area.
I am glad I did not have to drive that far after all the drinks.

It is not the top restaurant, but definitely well worth it for a light lunch and drinks.

1 Thank paokara1940
Irvine, California
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stayed in the Lani II building in an ocean view studio. Grounds are very clean and well kept, our room was very spacious, newly renovated, and had a HUGE lanai that was perfect for drinking coffee and just watching the bay. Staff is amazing, friendly, and helpful. Seahouse restaurant happy hour can't be beat. We had a room with no air conditioner and the temperature was just perfect.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Napili Kai Beach Resort was originally built in the 60's, but has continually been updated. While some of the rooms are slightly dated, they are clean and comfortable. The vegetation on the grounds have grown over the years and are exceptionally beautiful and very well kept. One of the things that make this one of the best places to stay on Maui is that has an exceptionally beautiful protected beach at the resort with several reefs just off shore for snorkeling. The Napili Kai Bay Beach is one of the best beaches on the island for swimming or just laying on the beach. Another thing that makes this one of the best places to stay is the Sea House Restaurant located right on the beach at the resort. Not only is the food at the Sea House Restaurant very good, the view from the restaurant is outstanding. If you are a golfer, you will really enjoy the putting greens that are part of the landscaping of the resort. The resort has an activity coordinator and there are many activities planned for the guest throughout the week including things like putting and Mai Tai Parties. For those who like to walk and explore, a real plus is that the resort is located a the beginning of the 1.76 mile Kapalua Coastal Trail that allows you to walk to other beaches in the area. There are grills located at the resort if you would like to cook your own food outside. You can even buy food from the resort to grill. The resort has an excellent concierge that can help you plan and obtain tickets to most of the activities on the island.

We had a Ocean View Family Studio which was dated, but spacious with a small kitchen and a very large balcony (lanai) that overlooked the resort pool and beach front. The room had excellent Wi-Fi service.
The resort is located at the west end of the island which is the dry side of the island. It is about 10 miles from Lahaina, a favorite tourist destination on the island with many great restaurants and lots of things to do and see. We had a great time at the resort and will definitely be going back

Things we liked:
• located on one of the best beaches on the island for swimming and snorkeling
• Beautiful and well kept grounds - 4 swimming pools
• Beautiful ocean and beach view from rooms
• Excellent restaurant at resort that is located on the beach
• Located on dry side of island and close to Lahaina
• Ocean View rooms have large balconies (Lanai)
• Wi-Fi in rooms
• Family studio has full kitchenette
• Friendly staff
• Guest activities scheduled for each day
• Towels, chairs and coffee for guest provided on beach
• Excellent concierge service

Things we did not like so much:
• tiny and sparse parking spaces -- even for a compact car
• our room was somewhat dated
• sidewalks in need of repair

Room Tip: strongly suggest getting an Ocean View Room
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 451DennisM7
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Montage Kapalua Bay
Andaz Maui At Wailea
Royal Lahaina Resort
Royal Lahaina Resort
#19 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Napili Kai Beach Resort? Share your experiences!