My husband and I booked a studio unit at the Whaler through homeaway.com. We wanted to stay in the Ka'anapali area (this was a honeymoon re-do for us), but couldn't afford the more expensive hotels. This seemed like a perfect option for us - the unit had a kitchen, so we were able to eat breakfast in the room, and the price was right for the area.
When we pulled up, we noticed that the scale of this resort was much smaller that that of the others along the beach. It was a neat little property - nicely kept, with beautiful flowers. The lobby was very small, and the concierge desk was empty as often as it was occupied. The car park was self-serve. We were able to find parking every day but one, and then on that day they directed use to another lot onsite, though further away. The pool was small, and there were no where near enough chairs to lounge on. However, the beach right in front of the hotel was perfect for sunbathing and swimming. The hotel was a very short walk to Black Rock, which was great for snorkeling, and which had a nightly show in which a man blows a conch and then jumps off the cliff. The hotel is also RIGHT NEXT to Whaler's Village, which had lots of restaurants and shopping.
The room was beautiful. The bed was comfortable and large. The balconies all have at least a partial ocean view, and we enjoyed eating our breakfast on the lanai every morning. Our balcony did face another hotel, which was a little awkward at times, but nothing the curtains couldn't fix. The kitchen was perfect for what we were looking for - we were able to cook every morning, and even one night.
We would definitely stay here again. The location and the comfort factor made up for the few areas they were lacking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exclusive luxury condominium boasts an idyllic location on Maui's famous Kaanapali Beach across from two championship golf courses and minutes from Lahaina. Each spacious unit features a full kitchen and a spectacular view. A beachfront pathway and private access allows guests easy entry to adjacent Whalers Village's 65 shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Hotel Lahaina
- Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Lahaina
- Whaler Kaanapali Beach
- Kaanapali Beach
- The Whaler Maui
- Aston At The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Maui/Lahaina