The Whaler is a very well-kept property located right in the center of Ka'anapali Beach right next to the charming Whaler Village. While it is in a great location, it also feels quite private. The units seem well-designed and quite spacious. Our unit was a corner 1 bedroom, 2 bath with wonderful views in several directions. I believe all units are privately owned and can be rented from various rental companies as well as from Aston, who operates the front desk. The two towers seem to date from the 70's, but are in good shape.
The adjacent Whaler Village has excellent dining and shopping choices. The beach in front of the Whaler is very nice and the private pool area, while not large, is very pleasant.
My one complaint is the shortage of parking. Every evening by 8:00 PM or so all parking places in the garage are occupied and the only remaining parking option is the employee parking lot at the far edge of the property. This seems to be an original design flaw, since the management has already taken over some of the tennis court space for additional parking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exclusive luxury condominium boasts an idyllic location on Maui's famous Kaanapali Beach across from two championship golf courses and minutes from Lahaina. Each spacious unit features a full kitchen and a spectacular view. A beachfront pathway and private access allows guests easy entry to adjacent Whalers Village's 65 shops and restaurants. Please be advised of these changes to the daily resort fee at Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach. These changes will go into effect April 1, 2017. - Any new reservations booked for travel April 1, 2017 – May 31, 2017, will be subject to a resort fee of $17.00 plus tax per day. - Any new reservations booked for travel June 1, 2017 and beyond, will be subject to a resort fee of $20.00 plus tax per day. - Any reservations booked prior to April 1, 2017 will be honored at the existing resort fee of $16.00 plus tax per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Hotel Lahaina
- Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Lahaina
- Whaler Kaanapali Beach
- Kaanapali Beach
- The Whaler Maui
- Aston At The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Maui/Lahaina