I really don't think the location can be improved upon by even 1 inch.
I've been to Maui roughly 20 times in my life for work and pleasure. I have stayed at the Whaler on 6 of those occasions. This is the only property I have stayed at more than once.
Sometimes I really enjoy the luxury, and the really upper class treatment that you get expect and do get at other properties on Maui. When I go to Maui, I really just want to relax. I want to be casual, wear my swimsuit around, with a T-shirt. I don't want to be worried about being dressed up to resort wear standards of a collared shirt, and shorts to feel appropriate for the surroundings. Hawaii is laid back, and at the Whaler, it is still very nice, but I get to really feel laid back, and enjoy Hawaii for what it is.
Each time I have been to the Whaler, I have stayed for 2 weeks. I love waking up in the morning with wonderful views of Black Rock, and the Ocean. The smell of the Plumeria flowers, the ocean breeze, and the gorgeous Maui weather.
Again with the location, it's in a spot that generally gets better weather than many other parts of the Island, it's in the best spot on Kaanapali Beach, you can easily walk to the Sheraton or the Hyatt and see more, next to the shopping at the Whaler's Village. Great Golf discount at the Kaanapali courses, and a short drive to the best boogie boarding on Maui at Fleming. The snorkeling at Black Rock is one of the top 3 or 4 spots on the Island and is free if you have your own gear, or did an expensive rental for your whole trip. You can easily pick up food at the grocery, cook in the Condo, or use some really nice Community BBQ grills. Don't forget Tuesday Night at Leilani's has a great deal on their Ono Fish Taco's and some of the best desert with Kimo's Hula Pie, and it's a 1 minute walk from the Whaler.
I like this place so much, I just rented out the same unit for 2014, and 2015. Room 760 or any of them at location on floor 3 or higher (with the view, and layout) I think would give you a perfect 1 Bedroom 2 Bath luxury condo experience with great views.
I love this place, and I can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exclusive luxury condominium boasts an idyllic location on Maui's famous Kaanapali Beach across from two championship golf courses and minutes from Lahaina. Each spacious unit features a full kitchen and a spectacular view. A beachfront pathway and private access allows guests easy entry to adjacent Whalers Village's 65 shops and restaurants. Please be advised of these changes to the daily resort fee at Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach. These changes will go into effect April 1, 2017. - Any new reservations booked for travel April 1, 2017 – May 31, 2017, will be subject to a resort fee of $17.00 plus tax per day. - On June 1, 2017, Daily Amenity Fee increases to $20. This applies to ALL reservations staying through these dates, regardless of when they booked the reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Hotel Lahaina
- Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Lahaina
- Whaler Kaanapali Beach
- Kaanapali Beach
- The Whaler Maui
- Aston At The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Maui/Lahaina