My wife and I took our first trip to Hawaii and decided to stay in Maui. A friend went with family members last year and recommended the Whaler. I booked through Costco travel and got a great deal. The check-in process went smoothly and quickly - we were tired from the long plane ride. As a big fan of Hotel Impossible, I gave the room a typical "Anthony" once over! The top if the fridge, tv and art work were clean - no dust! The room was immaculate with high quality linens. Even the lanai was extremely clean.
The kitchenette contained everything that we needed - full size stove, fridge and dishwasher, plates, glass and plastic drinking glasses, etc. the dishwasher was run several times while the room was cleaned.
It was windy, but the pool was watched over and leaves were removed shortly after falling. We also saw the pool tested regularly.
The ocean was right past the pool, and the hotel location was adjacent to Whalers Village, which houses shops, a convenience store, excellent restaurants and fast food. Suggest making reservations.
Only negative - parking garage is too small. A lot was a short walk from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exclusive luxury condominium boasts an idyllic location on Maui's famous Kaanapali Beach across from two championship golf courses and minutes from Lahaina. Each spacious unit features a full kitchen and a spectacular view. A beachfront pathway and private access allows guests easy entry to adjacent Whalers Village's 65 shops and restaurants. Please be advised of these changes to the daily resort fee at Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach. These changes will go into effect April 1, 2017. - Any new reservations booked for travel April 1, 2017 – May 31, 2017, will be subject to a resort fee of $17.00 plus tax per day. - On June 1, 2017, Daily Amenity Fee increases to $20. This applies to ALL reservations staying through these dates, regardless of when they booked the reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Hotel Lahaina
- Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Lahaina
- Whaler Kaanapali Beach
- Kaanapali Beach
- The Whaler Maui
- Aston At The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Maui/Lahaina