The Whaler has a fantastic location on Ka'anapali Beach, right next to Whaler's Village. We usually stay farther north at the Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas, so I was really surprised that we liked The Whaler's location so much. Our top floor studio (#1262) faced the courtyard, with views from the ocean to Black Rock to the West Maui mountains. We had absolutely no noise or odor issues from Whaler's Village or anywhere else. Huge sliding glass doors opened to a lanai for fresh air and watching Ka'anapali Beach come to life every morning, and watching the sun set in the evening. We felt sort of guilty for spending so much of our vacation out on the lanai!
Other than a great location, I was surprised that the studio was so spacious. The stainless/granite new(ish) kitchen has a full-sized refrigerator, full-sized range (stove/oven), hood microwave, dishwasher and full service/place settings for 8! (I think the occupancy limit is 4 for a studio.) The bathroom was newly remodeled with nice granite, tile and glass - and had a huge drawer/cabinet full of towels and bathroom supplies. The living area had a dining table and 4 chairs, a twin(?) sofabed, occasional chair with ottoman, large sofa with murphy bed in the wall behind it, coffe table, and large storage unit with TV/AV equipment. The lanai had a table with two chairs and a chaise lounge. The decor was very nice, and everything was in excellent condition. I was a bit worried that when the murphy bed was down, we wouldn't be able to move around, but there was plenty of room, so we never put the bed away.
The one thing missing in the studio was a washer/dryer (larger units have them), but there is a commercial set of W/D's on every floor that was VERY convenient - just two doors down from our unit. Cost was $1.50 per load.
I can't say much about the amenities of the resort, because we didn't use them. We don't go to a beach resort to swim in a pool, or workout in a gym. Snorkeling around Black Rock was fantastic! We received a flyer on spa services, but not sure where the spa was? Also, there isn't a restaurant/bar on site, but Whaler's Village is right next door, so we weren't lacking in food choices.
All in all, we had a wonderful time at The Whaler. We will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exclusive luxury condominium boasts an idyllic location on Maui's famous Kaanapali Beach across from two championship golf courses and minutes from Lahaina. Each spacious unit features a full kitchen and a spectacular view. A beachfront pathway and private access allows guests easy entry to adjacent Whalers Village's 65 shops and restaurants. Please be advised of these changes to the daily resort fee at Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach. These changes will go into effect April 1, 2017. - Any new reservations booked for travel April 1, 2017 – May 31, 2017, will be subject to a resort fee of $17.00 plus tax per day. - On June 1, 2017, Daily Amenity Fee increases to $20. This applies to ALL reservations staying through these dates, regardless of when they booked the reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Hotel Lahaina
- Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Lahaina
- Whaler Kaanapali Beach
- Kaanapali Beach
- The Whaler Maui
- Aston At The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Maui/Lahaina