We arrived 15 minutes after making a reservation, arriving from a time-share exchange that we left after 2 hours, forfeiting our week because of the dismal room we were put in there (see my review of Kahana Falls, titled "Checked Out After 2 Hours"). Aston at the Whaler cost us money we didn't expect to pay on this trip, but was worth the cost to us. We were planning to be on Maui for 5 days between Oahu and Kaua'i. We visit often, and have stayed in many places from Kihei to Lahaina to Ka'anapali to Kahana. The Whaler is the BEST place we have stayed at on Maui, based on a combination of view, location on the beach and snorkeling, accessibility to shops and restaurants, location, the ability to fix some of our own means in the studio room, and quality of the hotel.
We've been to other places in Kaanapali, but next time, we won't even bother to look at others; we'll go straight to Aston at the Whaler. My other recommendation to new travelers would be right next door, the Ka'anapli Beach Hotel, where we've stayed before and loved it; it lives up to its billing as "the most Hawaiian hotel," but our preference for Aston at the Whaler is weighted by the ability to prepare some of our own food in the well-appointed kitchen area of the studio instead of eating at restaurants all the time, which can get pricey here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exclusive luxury condominium boasts an idyllic location on Maui's famous Kaanapali Beach across from two championship golf courses and minutes from Lahaina. Each spacious unit features a full kitchen and a spectacular view. A beachfront pathway and private access allows guests easy entry to adjacent Whalers Village's 65 shops and restaurants. Please be advised of these changes to the daily resort fee at Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach. These changes will go into effect April 1, 2017. - Any new reservations booked for travel April 1, 2017 – May 31, 2017, will be subject to a resort fee of $17.00 plus tax per day. - On June 1, 2017, Daily Amenity Fee increases to $20. This applies to ALL reservations staying through these dates, regardless of when they booked the reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Hotel Lahaina
- Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Lahaina
- Whaler Kaanapali Beach
- Kaanapali Beach
- The Whaler Maui
- Aston At The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Maui/Lahaina