The Westin Maui Resort and Spa, words cannot express how much I love this resort. The resort is located at the center of the Kanapali Beach Resort, located next to Whaler's Village and the center of many shops, restaurants, as well as steps from the beach itself. The Resort itself has two pools on the property, one pool is for all ages, while the other pool is strictly for adults. Both pools are amazing, about 4 to 5 feet deep so if you are not a swimmer you do not need to be worried about drowning. I recommend you bring your underwater camera, there are plenty of pictures to be taken in the pool, near the waterfall, and under the waterfall.
I have been to this resort a few times before and each room that I have stayed in is amazing. This past time my wife and I had a pool and ocean view. It was so beautiful that we were able to watch the sunset from our room every night. You can also here the waves crashing at night when it is quiet and if you leave your balcony door open. Rooms were cleaned, always looked great, and the housekeepers did a great job. September is usually when the off season begins so the hotel was not overcrowded in the pool area, so we pretty much had our selection of where to sit and kick back.
The adult pool area has a bar area where you can have drinks and mingle with the crowd. I enjoyed my time at the spa, I had a great massage there, as well as the 24 hour fitness center on the property. My wife and I took a few spin classes with Alicia (I hope I spelled her name correctly), which kept me in shape while there. The restaurants at the hotel were excellent, the Tropicana restaurant has beautiful views of the ocean, especially at night. I recommend requesting a reservation by the tables on the beach, it is unbelievable. The Ono Bar also had a great all day menu, which includes the pool menu. Try their Maui-Maui Burger, you will not be disappointed.
The entire resort was the best I have ever been to. You also have the tours and activites desk at your disposal to decide on outside resport activities. Make sure to ask about the Feast of Lele, the best luau on the island. The resort has plenty to see so be sure to bring your camera because there is plenty to take pictures of.
The only negative part of the Westin experience was the wait time during the check in process. Be prepared to wait on line when you first arrive because the front desk agents spend alot of time with each guest during check in, answering questions and providing guests with resort materials, pamphlets, etc. This is just a minor flaw which is pretty much forgotten once the check in process is complete.
I highly recommend making your stay at the Westin Maui Resort and Spa. You will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Commanding Ka’anapali Beach, The Westin Maui Resort & Spa presents the ultimate Hawaiian getaway. Appealing to leisure and business travelers alike, unrivaled amenities are designed to inspire renewal at this island paradise. Unwind amidst well-appointed accommodations with signature Westin touches. Or enjoy splashing fun within the magnificent aquatic playground with five pools, cascading waterfalls and gardens with exotic wildlife. Adventure seekers can pick their favorite watersport steps away from the resort such as stand-up paddling, kayaking, para-sailing, snorkel and sunset cruises. The resort also offers spa rejuvenation, oceanfront dining, cultural activities, kids club, weddings center, meeting facilities, watersport, shopping, golfing and shuttles to historic Lahaina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Westin Maui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina