Our family of four arrived at the Westin after a three night stay at the Embassy Suites Waikiki Beachwalk on Oahu. Our experience at the Westin was not as good as at Embassy Suites.
The parking lot was full so the valet said there would be free valet service for the night...we were billed.
We reserved a Garden View room...much cheaper than an ocean view and I love gardens so it was what we wanted. Upon check in we were "Upgraded" to a room on the 11th floor (top floor). The room overlooked the parking lot...not my idea of an upgrade. (After our kids go to bed we like to sit on the lanai, relax and enjoy our surroundings)
We were told our luggage would be brought to our room. It arrived 45 minutes later. We had a lanai with a table but no chairs (all the others had chairs). When the bellhop brought our luggage we requested two chairs and were assured it would be taken care of. The chairs never arrived.
We decided we really wanted a garden view room so we checked the availability and were able to move the next day. The view was much better (you could actually see the ocean too).
The hotel grounds were nice...waterfalls, flamingos, parrots. The pools were nice also. There seemed to be enough chairs at the pools...we were always able to find some when we were there.
The location was great...right on the beach. The Whalers VIllage was a block away...little shops with a food court for quick meals.
The rooms were very small and seemed well worn. They could have used a good cleaning. I guess they are doing a room remodel...ours must not have been done yet.
Overall Maui is a beautiful place but we would stay elsewhere if we were to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Commanding Ka’anapali Beach, The Westin Maui Resort & Spa presents the ultimate Hawaiian getaway. Appealing to leisure and business travelers alike, unrivaled amenities are designed to inspire renewal at this island paradise. Unwind amidst well-appointed accommodations with signature Westin touches. Or enjoy splashing fun within the magnificent aquatic playground with five pools, cascading waterfalls and gardens with exotic wildlife. Adventure seekers can pick their favorite watersport steps away from the resort such as stand-up paddling, kayaking, para-sailing, snorkel and sunset cruises. The resort also offers spa rejuvenation, oceanfront dining, cultural activities, kids club, weddings center, meeting facilities, watersport, shopping, golfing and shuttles to historic Lahaina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Westin Maui Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina