We booked this hotel by name using one of the price line services and specifying ocean view. When we arrived, we were impressed by the entrace and extravagant layout of the pools etc in the courtyard.
We arrived at 6pm and although there were only 1 or 2 people ahead of us had a rather long wait to check in. We had good rapport with staff when checking in but we were told our room wasn't ready, but not to worry we'd been upgraded to a nicer room.
I was dismayed to find our 'upgrade' was on the 2nd floor (the lowest floor) right above the delivery area, in a rather blah room in the BeachTower facing away from the resort (it was the designated handicapped room) right next to the Elevator with a partial view of the ocean and a lot of view of the neighborhing Whaler's Village mall roof. Though the beds are great in all rooms, I didn't sleep so well as the loading bay and various noises from the nearby businesses continued for much of the night and resumed in the early AM. I was also vaguely aware that one shouldn't sleep with only a screen door when one is on the ground floor of a hotel. The next AM we approached front desk staff and asked to be moved and were graciously moved to the sort of room I had expected - ocean view, no concern of safety while sleeping with only a screen door -- and elevator/loading bay noise. After that the remaining 3 nights were wonderful and we really enjoyed the location on Ka'anapali Beach. One has to ask though, do they try to give other people the bait and switch also? If we had reserved via the usual blind-bidding part of price line I could see them justifying sticking us in an awful place, but not when booking their hotel and paying specifically for a nice room. My wife wouldn't have wanted to 'make trouble' by requesting a move, had I not suggested it, but I suggest you nicely defend the definition of the room you've reserved if you have indeed specified a nice room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali is located along a breathtaking stretch of the gorgeous, white-sand Ka'anapali Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westin Maui Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina