We stayed at the Westin Maui for 6 nights during our honeymoon trip to Hawaii. It truly is a gorgeous resort!!
We spent our days lounging around the beautiful pools, reading and drinking cocktails. Oh, and eating the delicious spicy chicken wings by the pool.
Everything about this hotel is amazing. The beautiful lobby, the flamingoes, the perfect location, right on the beach... Just fabulous!!
We headed over to Whaler's Village quite a bit for lunches, and shopping. Cute little shopping centre with some yummy restaurants - and only a 2 minute walk away!
The free shuttle to Lahaina was excellent too. We used it almost every day, either to grab a lunch or dinner, or to go shopping, or to the Lahaina Luau, which I also highly reccomend. There's something so relaxing about sitting on that little bus, listening to Hawaiian music, being taken wherever you liked in Lahaina, then picked up a couple of hours later!
The only downside to our stay was a small one. We had booked a room with an ocean view. When we checked in, they gave us a room overlooking the roof of Whaler's Village, next door. We headed straight back down to reception and asked to change rooms, since that's not what we requested. Apprently they had upgraded us, because that room was larger than what we booked. But... we didn't want a big room, we wanted a nice view! After a bit of coaxing, they eventually gave us what we asked for. Phew. When we thought about it later, we really thought they were just trying to give us a bad room, because they wanted to get rid of it. That made me a bit annoyed.
Our new room was fantastic. Just what we were hoping for. Still really big, but with a fabulous view overlooking the pools and the ocean. And yes, we saw lots of whales in the ocean!!
Did I mention how fun the waterslides were!? We were on our honeymoon with no kids, but we had a blast on the slides!! Why not!?
If you fancy treating yourself, this hotel is definitley the place to do it. Splurge and treat yourself - you'll love it!! I wish I was still there right now, sipping a Tropical Monkey cocktail by the beautiful pools... Ahhhh. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Commanding Ka’anapali Beach, The Westin Maui Resort & Spa presents the ultimate Hawaiian getaway. Appealing to leisure and business travelers alike, unrivaled amenities are designed to inspire renewal at this island paradise. Unwind amidst well-appointed accommodations with signature Westin touches. Or enjoy splashing fun within the magnificent aquatic playground with five pools, cascading waterfalls and gardens with exotic wildlife. Adventure seekers can pick their favorite watersport steps away from the resort such as stand-up paddling, kayaking, para-sailing, snorkel and sunset cruises. The resort also offers spa rejuvenation, oceanfront dining, cultural activities, kids club, weddings center, meeting facilities, watersport, shopping, golfing and shuttles to historic Lahaina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Westin Maui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina